Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-t201677.html)

May in Jersey 09-28-2012 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK (Post 5545355)
I store them online. No need to print them until I need them.

So do I. When I first started quilting I would print them out but saving them online works so much better. Never have to remember where I put the pattern, it's somewhere on my computer and easy to find.

lillybeck 09-28-2012 05:18 AM

you are not alone. I have so many that I want to try but I need to get my UFOs finished before I start anything else. Between spending too much time on the computer or householdl duties or my son being home so I cannot get to my sewing room, I will never get to try even half of what I print. lol

ScrappyAZ 09-28-2012 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by alfosa421 (Post 5545563)
I confess!! I have tons of patterns. I use the clear sleeves and have them in binders.

I do the same thing! I enjoy flipping through the binder and looking at the patterns for ideas or inspiration. Of course, I prefer books to Kindles or Nooks so maybe I'm a little "old school".

w1613s 09-28-2012 05:45 AM

No, you aren't alone.

I print patterns because I can lay the "possible quilts to make" on my cutting table and compare them, choosing from there. I'd go nuts trying to compare various bookmarked sites.

Confession: not only do I print the patterns, I bookmark them too. The previous thread about losing a pincushin? My life for the last few years has been a search and rescue mission, hence the doubles of stuff I really want to keep track of. Hard with the two husbands. ;- )

P

DixieLee 09-28-2012 05:51 AM

I print them out when I find them and put them in the three ring binders I use for magazine patterns. If I did not print them I would never remember them and I like to sit and look through my binders like a magazine to decide what I want to do.

chattypatty 09-28-2012 05:54 AM

free quilt patterns

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 5545343)
Am I the only one that prints off free quilt patterns and such from the computer and have it in stacks in my sewing room? I bought some hanging file totes to put them in. There is so much information out there it is keeping my ink supplier in business!

I bought the plastic sheet protectors and put my internet free patterns in them and then into a big 3 ring binder. works super.

collady 09-28-2012 06:00 AM

OOH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have three 3" ring binders filled with patterns. I also have hundreds of articles/patterns from magazines in folders. I love to look through them. They are slowly getting reorganized so that I can keep what I really want to make.

WMUTeach 09-28-2012 06:13 AM

You are not alone out there in this world of free quilt patterns. I do the same as many others have indicated they do too. I just three hole punch them an put them in a three ring binder. Ta-Da! The pattern ideas stay safe and I can use this as my go-to place when I just must try something new to as to my UFO basket!

kydeb 09-28-2012 06:14 AM

I don't print them - costs too much but I do have thousands of PDF files saved! Like I'll EVER get around to even a small portion of them :) Still, I just can't help myself!!

matraina 09-28-2012 06:36 AM

I am exactly the same way!!!