Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only quilter that does this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-quilter-does-t188073.html)

ljptexas 05-05-2012 04:09 AM

I save little tiny pieces into a jar to use as filler for pet beds.

teddysmom 05-05-2012 05:21 AM

I started piecing a quilt back in November. The further along I got, the worse it looked to me. My sister encouraged me to finish. She said it would look better once the top was finished. She was so right. I'm quilting it now and I'm really pleased with the way its looking.

bmanley 05-05-2012 10:52 AM

Thanks everybody for you input. I will need to re-think about just tossing. After all fabric is very expensive. I never thought about the pet bed stuffing. A very good idea. AND I just might need to get more creative.LOL.

RedGarnet222 05-05-2012 12:43 PM

The requests section of the board is exactly what some of you are looking for girls. That is where the charities ask for fabric and ufo's.

jmabby 05-05-2012 01:18 PM

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have the shortest interest span ever. I always get back to them, it might be many years later. Last year I just finished a log cabin quilt I started in the 80s. Hang onto them a short time to see if you have interest in them in awhile, maybe a friend would want to work on them. Good luck!!

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl (Post 5194310)
No I always love the pattern and fabrics for patterns I pick out, I just get bored easily so it takes me forever to finish them

Pam S 05-05-2012 01:31 PM

I've done this more times than I want to count. The upside of all those UFOs is, that a few months ago when my quilting group was making quilts to send overseas to a church mission group, I found 3 UFOs that I didn't like but thought they'd be great for a child. The downside is that I only managed to finish 2 of them so the third one was picked apart, restyled and half finished probably to sit like that another couple of years (and I still don't like it enough to finish it!).

cuppi duke 05-05-2012 02:38 PM

We all have that problem at times. I always have at least a half dozen unfinished things at one time. I would suggest donating them to someone on the board that does charity quilts. If you don't like them now you probably never will.

jitkaau 05-06-2012 02:58 AM

The difference between you and me is that I would never toss them out! LOL

wildyard 05-06-2012 06:32 AM

There are many of us on the board who do donation quilts and are on very limited budgets, so please never ever toss anything that we could put to good use. Most of us are thrilled to have UFOs, leftovers, scraps, orphan blocks and any other unwanted material that we can incorporate into our quilts to bring love and comfort to others.

wildyard 05-06-2012 06:34 AM

PS: You are definitely not the only quilter who accumulates UFOs. LOL That is why our UFO challenge of the month is such a thriving and successful group month after month. Come join us for fun, comradierie and encouragement. Plus you get to hear bells and whistles!!