Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I a Snob Because I Don't like Crumb Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-snob-because-i-dont-like-crumb-quilts-t104524.html)

cctx. 03-02-2011 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by grugirl
I am not finding much about crumb quilts that I like at all and see them as a huge waste of time to put so many itty bitties together that make nothing cohesive anyhow. Am I a quilt snob because of this?

On your avatar, are you holding ducklings?
I have ducks and a goose (raised them as babies too)

Here's one photo of my gang:

grugirl 03-02-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by cctx.

I am not finding much about crumb quilts that I like at all and see them as a huge waste of time to put so many itty bitties together that make nothing cohesive anyhow. Am I a quilt snob because of this?

Yes, ducklings I hatched.

cctx. 03-02-2011 08:36 PM

What kind are yours?
I have mallards and Pekings (not shown is the Peking white), the black is Mallard. The white chicken is Silky.

alaskasunshine 03-02-2011 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by JulieR
Nope. I don't like Batiks. It's just a personal preference.

How funny you shoud feel that way about Batiks. I used to think barf on them too, now I love them.
I really like crumb quilts but I like scrappy.

SandyinZ4 03-02-2011 08:42 PM

Hi Grugirl,
Just wanted to suggest that you still save your crumbs and donate (or sell) them to someone on here who can use them. We all have our own thing..what is one man's trash...and all that.
Glad you weren't afraid to post your opinion.
Quilty (not crumby-tho) hugs! :-)

grugirl 03-02-2011 08:45 PM

What kind are yours?
I have mallards and Pekings (not shown is the Peking white), the black is Mallard. The white chicken is Silky.

I have call ducks and Fawn Runner Ducks, over 50 hens of various breeds and several roosters.

virtualbernie 03-02-2011 08:47 PM

I don't care for crumb quilts for 2 reasons: #1, they seem to take a lot of work to do and #2, my mind just won't let me do a scrappy quilt! I've looked at everyone elses scrappy quilts and they look beautiful--somehow the colors compliment each other and look nice. I tried 1/2 scrappy quilt...it was so ugly I threw it away. Some people just have the knack of putting together scrappy quilts. I'll bet scrappy quilt makers think other quilts are boring and plain. So no, I don't think you're a snob, just different preferences! :wink:

grugirl 03-02-2011 08:47 PM

I will do that. I am saving a bag of them.. perhaps I could trade someone all my crumbs for their selvages. Those I need and would use for some funky lamp projects I want to make.

grugirl 03-02-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
What makes you think that everyone should like exactly the same things and if they don't, something or someone is wrong? And why should you care whether you like or dislike something different than other people? We are all individuals with differing tastes.

I never said I thought everyone should like exactly the same things...
Just generating conversation... isn't that the goal here?

Lostn51 03-02-2011 08:54 PM

Your not a snob its just not your style.

I love scrappy quilts (well all quilts but really love the scrappies) and I tried my first crumb type of quilt for my FIL Alzheimers tribute quilt and it turned out really nice. But it is a neat way to get rid of all of the scraps you have.

Billy