Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   am not going to make anymore for family (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-not-going-make-anymore-family-t85584.html)

LivelyLady 12-27-2010 04:57 PM

I'm so sorry for your disappointment. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had a hobby so that they would learn how to appreciate another one's work.

harleywife 12-27-2010 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Oh geez,

Take them all back and send them to us.......lol

YES , I AGREE !! I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a homeade purse ! Shame on them ; this is why I only make certain people things - the ones that will aprreciate them ! I know a gal that made her picky daughters purses and they were given back with the comment ' they are not my style ' . Goodness ; their MOM made them ! and they were all gorgeous . Shame shame . . . . . . . . :thumbup:

MaRanda 12-27-2010 05:11 PM

Sorry for your negative experience. I have had that happen also. I gift people that I know will be appreciative. The rest - no handmade gifts!! :)

shopbelt 12-27-2010 05:16 PM

Yup! I know what you mean. That's a shame though. I found a bunch of purse/bag patterns and e-mailed them to my girls. They each picked out the one they liked and one said she just didn't like them at all. However, I still haben't finished them.

pstoner 12-27-2010 05:19 PM

Oh do I know your pain. DDIL asked me to make her a super sized King sized quilt, she picked the material, I supplied all work, labor, quilting, batting, backing. Then when she got it, she said she was going to use it as a couch throw?????????????

She liked it, but why did I need to make it so large if she was going to just throw it on the couch?

clem55 12-27-2010 05:22 PM

My daughter might like a purse I made, but I wouldn't make one for granddaughter or DIL, I know they would not like or use them. I showed my daughter the bow tucks, and she thought it was nice, but not relly loving it, yet the next week she called and asked if I could make a purse using patchwork. So, will try to do that for her.

sweet 12-27-2010 05:27 PM

Nuts

dolores 12-27-2010 05:27 PM

I'm sorry that happened some people don't appreciate the work and love that goes into something homemade.

suebee 12-27-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by ftkls501
I am no longer going to make pureses for family I worked soooo hard getting every one a purse to only have them not like them. They were like oh ths is what you got us? It is not what i expected exspeacially after working so hard but one thing i have learned it is not their thing. I felt like i worked for nothing. I wish they could know how much work and love went into them.

Thats just rotten, I dont get why some people are just flat rude. I feel so bad for you. But dont let them get you down.

LC1562 12-27-2010 05:32 PM

Wow-that is so sad hear. I made totes for my co-workers last year and they loved them and this year a co-worker was having a rought time--her husband isn't working so we decided not to give this year, but I still made tissue holders and they were all so happy with them. Like it was said by someone earlier--adopt me. ;)