Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Amazing goodie bags (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/amazing-goodie-bags-t228076.html)

jmb1785 08-16-2013 06:53 AM

Amazing goodie bags

While on a local shop hop I received a goodie bag that was a small treat tote filled with a coupon, candy and the pattern for the tote. I thought it was a neat idea:p and something different to receive on a shop hop. Has anyone else received any neat goodie bags while on a shop hop? I was wondering if people even still get goodie bags.

mckwilter 08-16-2013 07:31 AM

Every shop hop I've been on, at least one of the stores has a goodie bag or at least some type of freebie. I've received FQs, thread, files, needle cards, mini-patterns, simple kits for needle cases, small rulers, pincushions, pens, pencils and always, always, chocolate. I love shop hops.

LadyElisabeth 08-16-2013 09:39 AM

Sounds like I need to go on some shop hops.........chocolate, yum. Oh, yes the quilting stuff would be good, too.

zennia 08-16-2013 12:02 PM

our shops use to do this then decided to stop. Everyone complained and they brought them back. Why not. We spend good money on these hops most of the time buying things not planned for. A little thank you from them is nice.

twinkie 08-18-2013 03:13 AM

This has happened to me before. I love the idea

sewbizgirl 08-18-2013 04:23 AM

I wish we had enough LQS in our area to have a shop hop... it sounds amazing!

Janie67 08-18-2013 06:13 AM

Recently got one on our first State Shop Hop at a Nice shop in Ada,Oklahoma. The ladies who sew at the shop made little bags with handles and they contained candy and things from the shop owner who is very nice and friendly. It is located in the former train depot and well worth the trip to Ada.

Diana Lea 08-18-2013 08:53 AM

I have been on one a few years ago. All the shop where far apart, which made for a nice ride. Most where in Ill some on the east side of Indianaplois. All of the owners put a lot of thought into the gifts they gave but one. She gave me a piece of fabric that had been cut into plus they all gave discounts that I didn't know about. It was something like spend $25 and get $5 off or get a fat quarter. I spend $24.45. She never said a word. Would you go back? Would you buy anything?

nitza 08-18-2013 10:08 AM

At our shop hops you get a block pattern and a little starter pack to do the block. They are all coordinated so when you finish you have enough block patterns to do a whole quilt. Each shop designs their own block using some of the same fabrics so they go together. Of course You will have to buy some extra fabric if you choose to finish each block. and free . . . .chocolate at most shops.

grandma sue 08-18-2013 03:00 PM

Our family does a twice-a-year reunion at Camp Bond - between Ada and Tishomingo. I just recently found out there was a quilt shop in Ada - a must-stop for me in October! Thanks for the info.