Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   is this another "gotta have/probably won't use much" Notion?! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-%22gotta-have-probably-wont-use-much%22-notion-t66221.html)

clarerowley 09-26-2010 05:18 PM

In everyone's defense normally a foot only fits one machine and only does one thing - normally it is a quick answer that you find with what something does - not a list as long as mine. Even at the shows it's a bit overwhelming and I'm constantly trying to help everyone understand that despite the fact that our feet do more than every foot made by all machines combined - it is easy.

All I use is a straight or zigzag stitch. they fit all machines they do a lot - our site is broken down into different areas in my attempt to help you learn about them in a slower more relaxing manner.

if you want the fast - get right down to business list - you already got it here.

Each foot has their own page where you'll find videos that I've done and a list of all they do.

It's okay and please everyone know that I'm not upset at the frustrated posts - 22 years in business has taught me to be understanding as everyone assimilates information differently.

I appreciate all of your support but don't want anyone to feel as if an outcast for voicing their opinions. ((((HUGS)))

JoanneS 09-26-2010 06:48 PM

Thanks, Clare, for your explanation of your web site. Now I understand what to look for on it. I'm sorry for all the negativity that's been expressed here. It's unusual to see it here.

clarerowley 09-26-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Thanks, Clare, for your explanation of your web site. Now I understand what to look for on it. I'm sorry for all the negativity that's been expressed here. It's unusual to see it here.

No worries quilters are passionate people ;)

costumegirl 09-26-2010 07:44 PM

Thank you Clare for the info. It is appreciated.

Nancy O. 09-26-2010 08:57 PM

Thanks Clare, for all the information regarding your website and your sewing feet attachments. I appreciate you. I will look at these tomorrow. I will definitely buy the Satinedge. Hope you have so many orders for your products after this quilting board and the Novi Expo, which I missed. Sorry. Best Wishes to you for great success and wealth in your business.
Hugs to you. :D :D :D :thumbup:

patricej 09-27-2010 09:03 AM

well now ... that was a puzzling read, to say the least. :shock:

i hope we've all gotten it out of our systems.

back to the fun, please.

BrendaB 09-27-2010 11:38 AM

I just ordered mine! :-) Thanks for all the information. Can hardly wait to try them out.

sculpyfan 09-27-2010 11:43 AM

Like many others I got my creative feet many years and put them aside as something else came along to interest me. I saw the post, saw the video and like so many said "I want them". Luckily parts of my life is organized and I found them. I had been wanting a 1/4 inch foot for my new quilting obsession. Put the satin stitch on and Yeah a perfect 1/4 inch. I will play with them some more and go back to watch more videos but am thrilled at my "new" toy.

BrendaB 09-27-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by sculpyfan
Like many others I got my creative feet many years and put them aside as something else came along to interest me. I saw the post, saw the video and like so many said "I want them". Luckily parts of my life is organized and I found them. I had been wanting a 1/4 inch foot for my new quilting obsession. Put the satin stitch on and Yeah a perfect 1/4 inch. I will play with them some more and go back to watch more videos but am thrilled at my "new" toy.

How cool is that?! Please keep us posted on how it's going. I have to wait for mine - this is gonna be hard.

NannaJen 09-27-2010 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by jitkaau

Originally Posted by penski
i like those but i am going to wait till someone trys them out first i thought they were a bit pricey

Ah to live in a place where $25 was considered 'pricey' for machine feet! I wanted to buy a double cording foot last week and hesitated at $48...the next little item I wanted was $89...so I came away with neither and am 'making do'...

I'm a bit late chipping in, catching up after being away last week. Like-wise jitkaau, these American girls don't know what 'pricey' is, ha ha! Upgraded my Janome sewing machine a while ago to later model and paid nearly $90 for walking foot and $47 for 1/4" foot (had given the old machine and all the bits & pieces to daughter-in-law). These Creative feet sound great at $25 ea. wonder how much they'd bee here in Aus. Apart from the high prices here in Sth Aus, most quilting, fabric, habby stores just don't 'have things' that aren't the basics. I love quilting and sewing so much, but am wondering how much longer will be able to afford to do it. Will enjoy while I can, having everyone on this board with the advice, and chit-chat makes it even better. Good wishes to all, Jen