Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Another Quilt Block Needs a Name (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-quilt-block-needs-name-t288530.html)

Rhonda 05-26-2017 08:19 AM

Another Quilt Block Needs a Name

4 Attachment(s)
When I design I end up with several versions of the same block and I have a hard time some times deciding which one to use. So here are 3 versions of this quilt block.

I'd appreciate knowing which is your favorite and any name ideas would be more than welcome.
I will be posting the tutorials when they are done. This one wont be available til July 1st.

These quilt blocks are made with my shortcut methods. I came across a new idea for a new shortcut block I call Balkan Block. This is used to make these quilt blocks. I'm having fun exploring this new shortcut block and what it can do. I'll be posting a tutorial on this new shortcut block when it is written. You can check out my other shortcut blocks by using my links in my signature below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573644[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573645[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573646[/ATTACH]

And by the way this is the shortcut block I am using. I call it Balkan Block and if you are familiar with my shortcut methods then you might notice it is similar to my Boston Block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573647[/ATTACH]

thanks everyone for any help you can offer. I do appreciate it!!

Tartan 05-26-2017 08:24 AM

I like the center one best. I might call it something after the zig zag in the blocks like Greased Lighting ( after the musical) or Electric Flash.

Rhonda 05-26-2017 08:27 AM

That's funny Tartan I had labeled the file Lightening. I have to put something for a title til I get the name i want to use. Yes it made me think of lightning too

susie-susie-susie 05-26-2017 08:44 AM

I must agree with Tartan. I like both of the names she mentioned.
Sue

sewbizgirl 05-26-2017 08:58 AM

"Lightening Star"

zozee 05-26-2017 09:09 AM

I like the 3rd one best because the solid purple triangles appear to be pointing to the center of the block, thus drawing attention to it. I also think the design "shines" the most in that one. The yellow "outline" really grabs my focus in that one best.

I saw flashes of lightning in the purple zigzags when I first saw the block, so we're on thinking alike on this .

mountainwoman 05-26-2017 10:16 AM

I like the third one best. I would name it "Courtyard" -or some variation thereof. It reminds me of the Spanish style homes I visited while living in Mexico, those those that completely surrounded a courtyard with lots of open space, edged with flowers, and perhaps having a fountain or two...

loisf 05-26-2017 10:28 AM

They are all stunning, but I prefer #3 also. It's looks a little "cleaner." The center design stands out more clearly. I think Sewbizgirl's suggestion, Lightning Star, is good.

Boston1954 05-26-2017 11:05 AM

The first thing that popped into my head was "Lightning Strikes".

yngldy 05-26-2017 12:16 PM

I like #3, but it reminds me of twisted ribbons, kind of like the ornaments or bows I see at Christmas.