Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Another quilt shop closing with hugh reductions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-quilt-shop-closing-hugh-reductions-t110822.html)

doglover 03-26-2011 05:58 AM

My favorite quilt shop is closing which brings tears to my eyes but at the same time I would like to help my friend who owns the shop. She is having inventory reduction sales until everything is gone. Right now l00% cotton by name brand companies is $5.00 per yard, $4.50 for solids and textured solids, $l.00 and $l.25 for fat quarters. 50% off notions, 50% off books and a free book with every $200 purchase. She also has antiques.
It is Sew Vintage
l0279 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Ky

CoriAmD 03-26-2011 06:05 AM

So very sad to hear this! I wish I lived closer - would definately be there to help her clean out her fabrics. ;-)

Woolie 03-26-2011 06:36 AM

Hard times. Sorry for your friend and thank you for the heads up.

sewbizgirl 03-26-2011 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by doglover
My favorite quilt shop is closing which brings tears to my eyes but at the same time I would like to help my friend who owns the shop. She is having inventory reduction sales until everything is gone. Right now l00% cotton by name brand companies is $5.00 per yard, $4.50 for solids and textured solids, $l.00 and $l.25 for fat quarters. 50% off notions, 50% off books and a free book with every $200 purchase. She also has antiques.
It is Sew Vintage
l0279 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Ky

Can we shop online, or do you have to visit the actual store?

sahm4605 03-26-2011 06:41 AM

maybe you could take some pics of the fabrics and other stuff and sell it here for her? if that is even allowed.

Jim 03-26-2011 08:11 AM

It is Sew Vintage
l0279 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Ky

Is this in Middletown down by Ben Franklin?...Snyder?...we are going in next weekend from Bardstown...need a proximity to the location..would like to visit and see what she has left..thanks

doglover 03-26-2011 02:29 PM

She will be closed on Saturday because someone is buying her fixtures and picking them up that day but she will be open on Friday.

She is closer to Hurstbourne Lane on the same side of the street as Ben Franklin. She is in Dorsey Plaza. When you see Little Caesar's Pizza and the 32 flavors Ice Cream place, you are there. She is in the same building, just around the corner, on the Little Caesar's side.

Is this in Middletown down by Ben Franklin?...Snyder?...we are going in next weekend from Bardstown...need a proximity to the location..would like to visit and see what she has left..thanks[/quote]

doglover 03-26-2011 02:32 PM

By the time I added postage and the packing material, the price would be almost the same as full price or close, right? Not at this point. Maybe if the price goes nower. She is talking about lower prices next week.

Originally Posted by sahm4605
maybe you could take some pics of the fabrics and other stuff and sell it here for her? if that is even allowed.

doglover 03-26-2011 02:33 PM

I am sorry but she does not have a shop on line. She never got around to that part of the business.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl

It is Sew Vintage
l0279 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Ky

Can we shop online, or do you have to visit the actual store?

CarrieAnne 03-26-2011 02:38 PM

So sad, another shop closing!