Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Another Sister BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-sister-bom-t303305.html)

Boston1954 02-28-2019 05:41 PM

Another Sister BOM

1 Attachment(s)
My sister and I did a block of the month a few years ago and it was fun.....then. Now, I'm not sure I'm up for that again. She wants to do another, and I do not know what to tell her. At this point I want to avoid triangles for a while.

This is what I did last time. As I said, I liked doing the different blocks a decade ago, but I don't know how many blocks there are in this world that haven't any triangles.

Judith1005 02-28-2019 06:23 PM

Boston, it could be a fun challenge for you and your sister to find blocks with only squares or rectangles in them. Or applique in them if that is your thing.

Or, you could gently be honest and tell her you need a bit more time before you commit to another BOM.

It looks like it was a very fun BOM. It's a beautiful quilt. With a proud beautiful smile holding it up.

What a fun memory with your sister.

QuiltnNan 02-28-2019 06:58 PM

looks good

NZquilter 02-28-2019 07:00 PM

That is a lovely sampler BOM! Personally I enjoy HST, it's Flying Geese I have a harder time with.

bkay 03-01-2019 05:31 AM

It's a lovely quilt. Doing something with your sister sounds like like a good use of time. How about an applique BOM? That might be a good challenge and fun.

I agree on the triangles. It's like making the thing twice. First you cut it, then you sew it and then you have to go back and trim them up. If they would just work the first time you make them, it would be different. For me, they don't. I can't imagine how much time it would take to make a bed size quilt with a bunch of triangles.

It's like making a Disappearing nine patch. You make all your blocks and then you cut them up, square them up again and sew them back together. It's like making it twice. It's so much easier to just make it with sashing and strip piecing.

Maybe my quilting life is destined to be mostly I Spy quilts.

bkay

Jordan 03-01-2019 08:17 AM

Your BOM you did with your sister is very pretty. You never know---if you commit to another BOM with your sister it may be fun and it will be some bonding time. :)

ekuw 03-01-2019 08:39 AM

I'd just be honest with her. Maybe you could find a block you like and just make it in place of the BOM so you are still working on a project together. If you don't love the project your working on it can feel more like a chore. Quilting is supposed to be fun!

Maggie_Sue 03-01-2019 10:55 AM

Oh how I wish one of my sisters would waant to do a BOM. Lucky you!!! Try to find one that appeals to both of you. Good luck!!! the quilt you are holding is beautiful!!!

Jingle 03-01-2019 04:48 PM

It is beautiful.

sJens 03-02-2019 11:17 AM

The quilt you did is beautiful. But only you can decide if you want to do another BOM.