Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any Aunt Becky's Finger Protector users here? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-aunt-beckys-finger-protector-users-here-t249280.html)

quiltingfever 06-30-2014 05:51 AM

Any Aunt Becky's Finger Protector users here?

I just bought one of these tools and was wondering if anyone here is using it. I think it might take a little practice to get comfortable with but possible. I was hoping for maybe some helpful insight to help me along this practicing.

Geri B 06-30-2014 05:55 AM

Yes, just recd one too, but won't use til winter....too nice outside to think of sitting and handquilting.....

quiltingfever 06-30-2014 05:58 AM

I agree with that, however in the early mornings when my new grandson is sleeping I thought I would try doing some hand quilting.

21quilter 06-30-2014 06:04 AM

I did use one a few years ago when I was doing a lot of hand quilting and I really liked it. It saved on my poor finger that I used on the underside of the quilt. There is a learning curve when I first used it but I didn't get frustrated so the learning curve must have been short. I don't have the time to do as much hand quilting now but I will be keeping the tool for future projects. Good luck & let us know if you like it.

ManiacQuilter2 06-30-2014 06:08 AM

Sorry, never heard of them.

quiltingfever 06-30-2014 06:09 AM

Just what little I did with it last night I already like it. Just need to work on making a little more consistent size stitches and wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. Sometimes little adjustments can make a big difference.

Lafpeaches 06-30-2014 06:44 AM

I bought one after seeing a woman demonstrating it on youtube. Haven't tried it yet. I keep planning on learning to hand quilt. I only have done a small wall quilt before I got the implement.

Onebyone 06-30-2014 07:06 AM

I used one when I did handquilting. It's the only way I'd do handquilting after learning how to use it. I watched a video about a dozen times and kept practicing. It was't long I was very comfortable using it. It's been a long time since I handquilted but I think it's like riding a bike, the how to will come back.

quiltingfever 06-30-2014 07:17 AM

I am a longarmer but wanted to do some hand quilting on an hawaiian pillow top that I took a class for in Maui. Hand quilting is the only way to do a hawaiian piece any justice. Plus I have a hawaiian wall hanging that I would like to do eventually once I have the stitches consistent and timely down.

yngldy 06-30-2014 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lafpeaches (Post 6780136)
I bought one after seeing a woman demonstrating it on youtube. Haven't tried it yet. I keep planning on learning to hand quilt. I only have done a small wall quilt before I got the implement.

Speaking of Jean Brown: I used to see her at a lot of the shows I visited, but haven't seen her for a year or two. Does anyone know what she is doing now?