Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any help please, Brother PC-420 stopped working, ideas??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-help-please-brother-pc-420-stopped-working-ideas-t209558.html)

kiffie2413 12-29-2012 01:08 PM

Hey gals,
When y'all turn the hand wheel backwards (which I know is not a normal thing...) will it turn freely or does it hang? When we turn the wheel towards me (right way) it turns freely...if I try and turn it backwards it spins the bobbin holder around and the needle hits on it...I don't recall that happening before when I have needed to turn the wheel backwards, not before it stopped anyways...thanks again!!!
K

leatheflea 12-29-2012 01:28 PM

Its an kodak easy share c743, its a few years old, about 6 yrs old. And about wore out, its falling apart.

leatheflea 12-29-2012 01:32 PM

When I spin my backwards it doesnt hit anything.

leatheflea 12-29-2012 01:34 PM

it turns freely

leatheflea 12-29-2012 01:37 PM

Did you remove the feed dogs when you took it all apart? When I spin mine backwards the bobbin housing case hits the feed dogs not allowing the bobbin case to spin any further. I get another pic to show you.

mermaid 12-29-2012 01:39 PM

Nor does mine..but it SHOULD! lol Just last summer I let thread get wound around the bronze bearing until the wheel wouldn't turn at all. Into repair. But I watched over his shoulder and learned how to repair myself. He turned the wheel backwards and I went "OH you're not supposed to do that!!!"" He said, "But I'm the repairman. And I didn't turn it very much". So from that, gathered that it's not a good thing to do. So I don't.
Thanks, Leatherflea--I've had a Kodak--the one with the printer, but it's shot. It did do good pix, but I think yours is better!

kiffie2413 12-29-2012 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea (Post 5748056)
Did you remove the feed dogs when you took it all apart? When I spin mine backwards the bobbin housing case hits the feed dogs not allowing the bobbin case to spin any further. I get another pic to show you.

Yes I took them off, and thats exactly what is happening...so its supposed to happen then? I am so sorry to be such a pain in the tushy...but I thank you and my dear sweet hubby thanks you!! He is in a leg cast, surgery on Nov 8th, cast on until Jan 9th...and he is so NOT an indoor guy....so I guess this is giving him something to do....just not anything fun!!!...
Thanks,
K

leatheflea 12-29-2012 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
see how the feed dog is hitting the bobbin housing?

kiffie2413 12-29-2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea (Post 5748079)
see how the feed dog is hitting the bobbin housing?

So it is supposed to hit the bobbin housing when you turn the wheel backwards, right? Thats what mine is doing...it turns freely going forward, but go backwards and it hits the bobbin housing...you really are a life saver, I feel like you are earning pay for helping me...maybe a fq or 2 or 3 even???
Kif

leatheflea 12-29-2012 01:53 PM

okay so if the feed dogs stop the bobbin housing whats your needle hitting?