Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any Juki owners out there?????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-juki-owners-out-there-t169168.html)

JEM65 11-20-2011 01:08 PM

Any Juki owners out there??????

I have a Janome MC 10000 embroidery sewing machine that I have sewn on for years. Recently I have been teaching my best friend to sew and quilt. She just finished her first project, a crib sized flannel rag quilt, and now she is addicted. She wants to buy a new machine for herself. She is very interested in the Juki HZL F600. I have spent the morning researching this machine, reading reviews and watching videos. Does anyone out there own a Juki? Would you buy this brand again? Do they run forever with no repairs, or are they off to the shop once a month? Is it a brand worth investing in? Any advice and reviews good and bad will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, as I know someone on here will be able to answer all of my questions! JEM65

Arcy 11-20-2011 02:06 PM

I have a Juki TL-98Q and love it! I also have an six year old small Bernina. Reliability and cost were the main criteria when selecting a sewing machine for FMQ. I live 60 miles down rural roads from a good machine repairman so purchasing a reliable machine was very important. Spent six months researching sewing machines and joined the Yahoo Juki group and read every post to look for "issues" with a Juki. Borrowed a Janome and used that for a couple of weeks. Tried out a Brother sewing machine. Decided on a Juki.

I bought the Juki over the Internet and have not had a moments problem with it in a year. Still can't thread a needle with the self threader on it, but can't use the Bernina threader either. Just goes to show it is 'user' error not a problem with the machine :p

The Juki is a solid machine, well built, and the term "workhorse" comes up over and over in describing that brand. I don't think your friend will go wrong if she buys a Juki HZL F600.
I certainly would purchase a Juki again! Encourage your friend to join the Juki Yahoo group, lots of tips there for the use of the machine.

SmickChick 11-20-2011 02:11 PM

I have a Juki LZ271, which is an unusual machine (industrial, manual embroidery). I love it, and would buy any Juki in a heartbeat. I don't think they are known for embellishment stitches, but they are a workhorse. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.

Marjoeal 11-20-2011 03:06 PM

I too am looking to buy a better machine. Yes, I want one that is reliable, not going to spend more time in the shop than on the job. I don't have any experience with any other than Singer and Brother. But one of my first considerations is the arm space. The Juki has only 8 in. Janome has 9.5 in. My Singer has only 6.75. Husqvarners have 11 in. I'm looking hard at the Husky but $1400 is a lot to spend. I do all my own quilting as I live far out in the country. Is the extra space really worth the extra money?

deedum 11-20-2011 04:00 PM

I don't have one, but my friend buys Juki and she loves them!

Jingle 11-20-2011 06:21 PM

I had 2 Juki TL 98QE machines, traded one in on a Babylock Jane. I still have the other, throat is 9" long and great for quilting and quilt making, which is all I do. Would buy another Juki.