Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any night owls sewing tonight? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-night-owls-sewing-tonight-t207750.html)

MamaO2011 12-05-2012 08:11 PM

Any night owls sewing tonight?

I am looking at a long night. I have a craft fair Saturday and am no where near ready, so I am sewing to the wee hours. Anyone else find themselves sewing late into the night? What are you working on? For me, it's rag quilts. Lets cross our fingers I don't fall asleep in the process!

Silver Needle 12-05-2012 08:22 PM

I just gave up the ghost. But went down to the studio at 9pm to get at least 1/2 the binding put on a 108 x 86 client quilt. Good luck staying awake. Do Not sew your finger in! Will also hope for good results at craft fair.

Pat625 12-05-2012 08:32 PM

I can't sleep, and was just looking at fabric to make table runners and hot pads for Christmas gifts. Only slept 2 hours last night stressing over a doctor appt today, and now can't sleep because of the info I got today at it..May get going on them, or sew stockings for an orphanage house my girls and I are adopting this Christmas...

Wyldwytch 12-05-2012 08:36 PM

Working on an applique' crazy quilt for a co-workers premature baby. I have to have it all done by December 21st for our winter break. I feel sooo behind, so here I sit trying to get the embroidery details in on the applique' that I already have done.

Wish me luck I get this all done, last time I take on a project that is all hand stitched from start to finish....UGH

Rosie the Wyldwytch

auntpiggylpn 12-05-2012 08:41 PM

I'm usually a night owl and often quilt/sew into the wee hours. I'm just more productive at night. . . I should be a 3rd shift worker! I spent most of the day working on a couple of Christmas presents and a doggie coat for my Toby. I have an eye appointment tomorrow morning so I have called it a night; want my eyes to be rested when they get checked!

MamaO2011 12-05-2012 10:13 PM

It's 1:00am and I had to give up. My back is killing me, my eyes are dry, and my wrists hurt from fighting the rotary cutter. Time to call it a night. I've cut, pieced and quilted almost 18 hours today. I will be up again in 6 hours to do it all over. Luckily, my late night efforts has left me with the flannel cut for 3 rag quilts that need done tomorrow. And thankfully, I stopped before I sewed my finger or something!

Krsy 12-05-2012 10:18 PM

It's another night here reading the quilting board, wondering how to get everything done at home. I'm on my 10th day in the hospital, my timing for getting sick has put a huge monkey wrench into Christmas.

quiltingcandy 12-05-2012 10:31 PM

Wish I could work late into the night but a year or so ago I found I kept making mistakes after 9pm so decided it was best to read after 9 and leave the sewing for day light hours.

Good luck and I wish you the best for your Craft Fair!

slicksister 12-05-2012 11:03 PM

It's 11 pm here and I am sewing a doll for my youngest grandgirlie, sewing bindings and contemplating the pillowcaases I'm going to make. I'm thinking I might make some mug rugs too.

DOTTYMO 12-05-2012 11:35 PM

I know it is 7.30am here and just finished breakfast. Reading quilting board and planning my day of sewing but must go food shopping as well or shall I do it on line for delivery? I plan to finish my bucket holders for friends and just wrapping up 2 gifts. I am waiting for a twister ruler to finish a test pattern I have designed, trust me to select a size of square I don't own.