Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any one else Feel Like this ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-one-else-feel-like-t79484.html)

Pickle 11-29-2010 10:25 AM

Hi, I am sitting here for quite awhile going through all the interesting things to read, and the beautiful quilts to see. I sometime don't know if that makes me happy or sad. There are so many beautiful quilts and I am wondering if I will ever get to the caliber of some.
I like what I do and enjoy what I do. But it seems there is so much to learn. For some reason today I feel overwhelmed. Must be the Wi. weather.Pickle

Quilter7x 11-29-2010 10:27 AM

Then I recommned that you stay here on the QB for a while and gather up some inspiration. Maybe today isn't a sew day for you, but tomorrow probably will. Have fun!

erstan947 11-29-2010 10:27 AM

I understand completely. All I can do is the best I can do. Since joining this board my quilting projects are improving!:)

Momof3Es 11-29-2010 10:28 AM

Yes the weather here stinks! (also in WI) I need to do some cleaning and just can't seem to get the ambition to do so!!

dungeonquilter 11-29-2010 10:29 AM

Just take it one step at a time. Pick one pattern that inspires you, and go for it.

plainpat 11-29-2010 10:34 AM

Welcome to the club.I read a lot of threads, admire a gazillion beautiful quilts & look thru tons of tips to make quilting easier. Sad to say, I realized many moons ago, that I was & am just a top maker.The beautiful applique,perfect points & squared quilts are beyond my talents.The tips haven't made anything easier...I can mess up anything,but guess what?
That's ok.No one knows unless I tell them.But no, it doesn't make me want to quit.My quilts are done to please me...& no one else.As long as it interests me, I'll keep at it.

Originally Posted by Pickle
Hi, I am sitting here for quite awhile going through all the interesting things to read, and the beautiful quilts to see. I sometime don't know if that makes me happy or sad. There are so many beautiful quilts and I am wondering if I will ever get to the caliber of some.
I like what I do and enjoy what I do. But it seems there is so much to learn. For some reason today I feel overwhelmed. Must be the Wi. weather.Pickle

nativetexan 11-29-2010 10:44 AM

yes, but I know there will always be quilters out there more advanced than me. so i shake it off and go on.

bearisgray 11-29-2010 10:55 AM

There probably is someone/something at either end of the scale - either best/most or worst/none - but most of us are somewhere in the middle -

I know I've come quite a way in my skills - and I know that there are many that are better than I am.

I do the best I can with what I know and have right now.

Shelbie 11-29-2010 11:52 AM

Those wonderful talented quilters who create the gorgeous quilts didn't get that way overnight. They have been quilting for a long time, building their skills quilt by quilt. It's hard to create a masterpiece if you haven't first worked on the simple nine patches, log cabins and the D9P's. Do what you are comfortable with at this point in your quilting journey. Somebody is sure to fall in love with your efforts and you can progress from there.

ann clare 11-29-2010 12:00 PM

We have so much to learn but we also have a lifetime to learn it.