Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any Problems with the Harbor Freight Blades???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-problems-harbor-freight-blades-t73382.html)

Chasing Hawk 10-31-2010 09:36 AM

HF blades are all I use now. Haven't had a problem yet.

LucyInTheSky 10-31-2010 09:54 AM

I've used 1 package and fell in love. It's been so sharp I haven't need to change it... maybe an issue with your mat or how you're cutting or something? So weird when all I've heard is great things :)

featherweight 10-31-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605

Originally Posted by auntmag
I bought a rotary cutter and blade from HF last year. The blade would not cut fabric at all.

did you put the blade in your cutter? the cutter that you buy from them are worthless unless you are using them on carpet. I have had wonderful success with mine. there has been a couple of times that it didn't cut the fabric but that was user error not the blade or cutter.

I hope you didn't try to use the cutter on fabric. I bought the cutter and Blades as they didn't have just the blades. Opened it up tossed the cutter and am still on my first blade.

featherweight 10-31-2010 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by auntmag
I bought a rotary cutter and blade from HF last year. The blade would not cut fabric at all.

Lot of Co quilters here this morning. Where are you?

gale 10-31-2010 10:45 AM

I've used one and no problems. But it was awfully oily when I got it out and I was pretty nervous wiping it off.

featherweight 10-31-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by gale
I've used one and no problems. But it was awfully oily when I got it out and I was pretty nervous wiping it off.

Mine was kind of oily also. I just run it through some scraps and it works great.

Queen 10-31-2010 11:14 AM

My first blade that I put in skipped. I took it back out turned it over and it works just fine now. I am beginning to think the blades go in only one way and you have to try it both ways to see which way is best.

Mary

dkabasketlady 10-31-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Queen
My first blade that I put in skipped. I took it back out turned it over and it works just fine now. I am beginning to think the blades go in only one way and you have to try it both ways to see which way is best.

Mary

I thought that too and turned ALL four of them over thinking they only fit in one way, but they still skipped. I did finally open up another pkg. and the blade is FINE. I guess I just got a few bad blades. I was really feeling bad since I've given over half of them away and didn't want to give them (especially my Mom) bad product. I even tried the "bad" blades in my other cutters(since I have four different ones) and they skipped cutting in them too. I'll just dispose of them and use the others. I really CAN'T complain no more than I paid for them. I was just checking to see if I was the only one to have problems. If I continued to have this problem I was going to return them and get my money back. Glad no one else is having any trouble.

bearisgray 10-31-2010 11:43 AM

I've had brand new olfa blades that skipped a couple of threads.

So - it isn't only HF blades that can be troublesome.

Jeanniejo 10-31-2010 12:08 PM

No problems here .