Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anybody done the this? Quilting Quickly.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anybody-done-quilting-quickly-t95444.html)

laura108 02-01-2011 03:39 PM

Read my reply to another person. Its well worth the money :)

Genaberg 02-01-2011 04:33 PM

I agree with Laura! The classes are awesome and well worth the money. Once you join the class, you can watch the classes over as many times as you need (I do this to keep the information fresh) you can post on the forum board to ask questions of the instructor or other "classmates" or post your comments. Take the class on your own time.

Genaberg 02-01-2011 04:36 PM

It is kind of strange that this board will not accept a post with the name of the site offering the quilting classes. LOL What's up with that? Anyway, it's w w w . S y m p o z . com . Great classes, well worth the time and cost!

Teensy 02-01-2011 07:19 PM

I thought the classes were awesome and good value (I paid $19.00). I found that the photography was clearer and better quality as compared to the UTube videos. I also liked that you could ask / post questions and re-watch the lessons multiple times if you wished. I actually rewatched a particular segment again when I was binding my recent quilt and successfully utilized the technique taught. I can hardly wait until the next series premiers. I understand that filming begins this month. Try it.

SummerK 02-03-2011 06:07 AM

I've taken the class and learned quite a bit from it. Jenny has such a great personality. The course videos go into A LOT more detail than the Youtube videos, and the best part for me what the fact that she's really active on the site. I've been able to ask for clarification or for help when I tried something that didn't work quite right, and Jenny is quick to respond with answers.

I too only paid the $19. I think if you know someone who's taken it, you can get a discount by going through their link. That's the way I understood it. Anyway, my quilting has gotten 10 times better since taking the course, and I still go back to it for help.

Jerudy 02-03-2011 08:37 AM

I'd like to do this class, but I don't understand how to get the $19 fee. Is there a code or a link for the discount?

SummerK 02-03-2011 09:37 AM

I've gone over my emails and found the original email they sent me. It came with a link "to share with your friends" for the $19 price. If anyone would like it, I'd be glad to send it through private message. Unless, of course, that breaks a forum rule I'm not aware of. If you'd like my link, just pm me.

BellaBoo 02-03-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
My thought too. It kind of reminds me of how Fons & Porter got started. I won't buy anything with their name on it any more. I hope she isn't getting visions of grandeur.

Why would you expect people or companies to stay stagnant?

sarah-MSQC 03-15-2011 06:41 AM

Don't worry ladies!! We are keeping Mom (jenny) real. LOL, we tease her that she needs a be-dazzled star on her bathroom door, but beyond that she is the same! We still plan on doing all the other free tutorials and videos just the same as we have done all along. :) Thanks for the kudos. Have a great day!