Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anybody members fo Quilter's Club of America (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anybody-members-fo-quilters-club-america-t114059.html)

quiltin chris 04-06-2011 02:29 PM

I got a charter membership ad for Quilter's Club of America. Lots of promotional stuff. Discounts at Joann's, Easy Quilts subscription, etc.

Anyone sign up for it or are you a member?
I would like to know what people think who are members. Cost of Charter Membership is $29.95.

Thanks,
Chris

CoriAmD 04-06-2011 02:39 PM

I am a member, but I will not be re-newing when it runs out this summer. I joined so I could get the 10% discount at Joann's but they regularly run coupons for 10% and even 25% off so my card can't be used anyway. And the card does not apply to the purchases I make using a 40% - or 50% off coupon.
I don't care if I get the magazine any more either as I haven't found one single quilt pattern I liked in the last several magazines.
With all the free patterns available online, I can find what I need there.

Charming 04-06-2011 02:47 PM

I have the membership and i love the easy quilts magazine, especially that i have digital access to several previous years. Also my joann's discount i use a lot and made up for the membership price long time ago (that's how much i spend there) specially when buying sale or clearance you get 10% more it makes a difference. I didn't use much of the other coupons they sent out. So it is a preference depending on what you really need out of it.

Quiltforme 04-06-2011 09:06 PM

I like it worth the money for the videos and the magazines and discounts!

sgardner 04-06-2011 09:10 PM

I am still in the early part of my subscription; haven't made up my mind yet it it's worth it yet.

Now the subscription to QNN.tv- worth every penny!

SWChick 04-06-2011 09:21 PM

Glad you are getting good response, when I brought up the other day I got a lot of negetive. I am joining

Barnsey 04-07-2011 05:54 AM

I joined and love it. I'm a watch and see kind of person, and if I need to go back and see something again, this is great for me.
I agree about the discount and percentage off problems. That does turn me off at times. But I have also gotten some cashiers that will let me use the store coupons and my membership discount. That's when it's really worth it for me. :-)

carslo 04-07-2011 06:23 AM

Somehow I ended up on their mailing list and they sent me a DVD and invite to join. I sent it back as I hate being put on a mailing list.

Suzy Q 04-27-2011 03:02 PM

They have reduced the cost. About 3 years or so ago I joined as a Charter member for 49.95. I did not renew after my second year at that cost. Not enough benefit for me. There are a lot of videos available if that is your style of learning. I agree with the other post that said that there had been no quilts in a long time in the magazine that I wanted to make.