Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone bought from Lancaster Home and Fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-bought-lancaster-home-fabric-t317656.html)

thrums 07-31-2023 08:42 AM

sorry duplicate message above

lindaschipper 07-31-2023 11:36 AM

I've used fabric from 3 Wishes, and EXclusively Quilters...no problem with either company. I'll be looking this Lancaster Home and Fabric up to check itout myself in a minute. Love good fabric at great prices.

Peckish 07-31-2023 02:03 PM

Hmm. Without commas I'm not sure where the name of one stops and a new one starts.

EE Schenk is a distributor, not a fabric manufacturer.

thrums 08-01-2023 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 8611154)
Hmm. Without commas I'm not sure where the name of one stops and a new one starts.

EE Schenk is a distributor, not a fabric manufacturer.

================================================== ===========

Sorry....I had them in columns....pays to proofread after posting. These are just some of the lines listed on the site.

3 Wishes
A.E. Nathan
Blend Fabric
Camelot
Diamond Textiles
Exclusively Quilters

Fabri-Quilt
Fabric Traditions
Freckle & Lollie
Kamala Textiles
Lewis & Irene

thrums 08-01-2023 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper (Post 8611132)
I've used fabric from 3 Wishes, and EXclusively Quilters...no problem with either company. I'll be looking this Lancaster Home and Fabric up to check itout myself in a minute. Love good fabric at great prices.

Thanks for the comments. I order a Diamond Textiles piece "Sparrow" for the background of a wool applique piece. I'm crossing my needles in hopes that it will work for the project.

Peckish 08-01-2023 08:11 AM

Thank you for the clarification! ;)
I've bought Lewis & Irene, have heard of Fabric Traditions and Exclusively Quilters, might have bought some but can't remember for sure. I think you can get Fabric Traditions at Joann's.

Originally Posted by thrums (Post 8611185)
================================================== ===========

Sorry....I had them in columns....pays to proofread after posting. These are just some of the lines listed on the site.

3 Wishes
A.E. Nathan
Blend Fabric
Camelot
Diamond Textiles
Exclusively Quilters

Fabri-Quilt
Fabric Traditions
Freckle & Lollie
Kamala Textiles
Lewis & Irene

Rff1010 08-01-2023 09:57 AM

Ok so-
I was in Lancaster *yesterday* so I went to Lancaster Home and Fabric.

It is extremely well stocked with a wide variety of quilting fabric - but I found it no better than my local LQS. Prices for new stock was $10-12 for standard 42" width 100% quilting cotton. Clearance fabrics were $7ish. Fabric is upstairs, downstairs reminded me of a HomeGoods... Heavy on the Joanna Gaines farmhouse style.

Yes, I bought something, because that's what I do - this is my souvenir from vacation travels. I stop in local quilt shops and buy something.

I hope this is helpful.

thrums 08-02-2023 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 (Post 8611253)
Ok so-
I was in Lancaster *yesterday* so I went to Lancaster Home and Fabric.

It is extremely well stocked with a wide variety of quilting fabric - but I found it no better than my local LQS. Prices for new stock was $10-12 for standard 42" width 100% quilting cotton. Clearance fabrics were $7ish. Fabric is upstairs, downstairs reminded me of a HomeGoods... Heavy on the Joanna Gaines farmhouse style.

Yes, I bought something, because that's what I do - this is my souvenir from vacation travels. I stop in local quilt shops and buy something.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you for your response. I've been shopping throughout lower Michigan lately and am seeing prices of new fabric in the $14.95 range. I try to by-pass those and hope to find sale bolts in the $10 range. I did purchase some Hoffman fabric from Lancaster Home and Fabric for $5.95 on sale. I'm thinking this site will be a good go-to site for older fabrics at reduced prices.