Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is Anyone Cramming to Get a Quilt Finished for a Christmas Present? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-cramming-get-quilt-finished-christmas-present-t208757.html)

btiny36 12-18-2012 09:16 PM

OMG LOL yes am crammmmmming for sure. Have to baby quilts mounted on long arm right now and one after that. Just finished making two cushion covers which I embroidered owls on (each took 78min to embroider). Still have my labels to embroider out and binding for the 2 of the 3 quilts to cut. Haven't even gotten any baking done, nor is the tree up or presents wrapped. Yep cramming, but funny I don't feel pressured...Not sure why but as of yet I don't. Oh well best to luck to all of us who are cramming.

yippie 12-18-2012 10:07 PM

I have 2 trying to finish and some rag alaphabets and numbers all for gds. Have been putting off the quilts because I really do not know what I am doing RE: basting with glue and how to quilt them the are motifid rag quilts. I finally got up the nerve to do the glue thing seems to be working that is while the are just laying on the floor and the dinning table LOL. We will see if the stay stuck when I try to quilt them.
yippie

Feathers-N-Fur 12-18-2012 11:15 PM

I have most of my Christmas quilting done except for my SIL's quilt. I started it last year when I did quilts for all my DH's family. (Was enjoying being unemployed) But her's didn't get finished, so I said I'll have it for your birthday, in May. Didn't happen, went back to work. Now I have to have it by Christmas this year, but I just can't get motivated for that one. If it wasn't a gift she had already seen the center of, it would be a UFO. I keep telling myself, one day of piecing left, then one for quilting, but this one just isn't turning out much fun. Hope all of you are doing better.

mic-pa 12-19-2012 03:53 AM

Just finishing the binding on my GD quilt and it will be done. no one else is getting a quilt this year. Made a lot of wallhangings and table toppers but sold them all.

GailG 12-19-2012 04:27 AM

I, too, have been working on a "cram" quilt, but it's not "for Christmas." It's for a cancer patient who is very sick. I want to get it to her as soon as I can and it seems that the faster I go the behinder I get. This morning I'll pillowcase it to save time on binding. Should be tying it since it is a prayer quilt, but I think I'll cross hatch it instead.

Good luck to all of you in getting your projects done in time. Merry Christmas!

JulieR 12-19-2012 06:29 AM

Yep, I'm cramming. Two quilts have already been sent out, two wreath quilts are just now finished and will be shipped tonight or tomorrow. That leaves a full wall quilt that needs some "fixing" (which I HOPE I can get in the mail tomorrow), and then one more that just plain won't be done in time. Grr!

Diannia 12-19-2012 07:54 AM

I was stressing about getting a quilt done for 1 of the granddaughters. I've already finished 1 for her baby brother and crocheted an afghan for her little sister. I started a dress quilt from a Fons & Porter kit and just don't have time to finish it sooo I packaged it all up and will wrap it and tell her we will finish it together! She's 7 so this will be a treat for both of us!

Diannia

minstrel 12-19-2012 09:23 AM

Got a quilt for my aunt that I tried to get done, but then had my best friend and her 3 kids come for the holidays. She'll also be getting married while she's here, and her fiance will be coming on Christmas Eve day, then his mom and his twin boys are coming the 26th and they'll also be staying here. Trying desperately to get my craft room cleared out (been doing doll clothes for my friend's two girls Christmas presents for what seems like forever) because I need the bed in there for the company still coming! Ay! I don't think my aunt will get it by Christmas. :-( I still have about 2/3 to quilt and then the binding.

WTxRed 12-19-2012 09:27 AM

Um yeah - I have 2 to bind before Friday plus 1 at the LAQ to bind (Will pick it up at noon) (that'll be 3) - those 3 are for office mate's... and a super queen size that we pulled out of the frame at the LAQ to put this last one in... i don't think the queen's going to get finished finished before Tuesday BUT I could be totally wrong... stranger things HAVE happened :)

crafty pat 12-19-2012 09:30 AM

Just finished the hand work on one last night. So happy to be done with it.