Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone doing Moda blockheads 2 or splendid sampler 2? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-doing-moda-blockheads-2-splendid-sampler-2-a-t297398.html)

Paperpgma 06-04-2018 07:29 PM

Anyone doing Moda blockheads 2 or splendid sampler 2?

Have any of you participated in these block programs in the past? I’ve seen pictures of completed quilts from both and they’re really pretty. I’ve never done them but I think I’m jumping in this time. Moda blockheads 2 starts tomorrow and splendid sampler 2 starts June 14 (I believe).

jmoore 06-05-2018 02:34 AM

I am planning to follow along on the Splendid Sampler II...I have a bunch of 6” blocks from the first Splendid Sampler and thought I could combine the two.

Mkotch 06-05-2018 02:54 AM

I just finished a quilt using Blockheads and other blocks. Some of last year's BH blocks were quite difficult to make at 6" so I enlarged them to 9". I didn't make them all but just did the ones I felt like making. I plan to follow BH again but add in Splendid Sampler blocks - both 1 and 2. I'm turning 70 and want to make a quilt in honor of my 71st year, with every week telling something about my past and present.

Judith1005 06-05-2018 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mkotch (Post 8070833)
I just finished a quilt using Blockheads and other blocks. Some of last year's BH blocks were quite difficult to make at 6" so I enlarged them to 9". I didn't make them all but just did the ones I felt like making. I plan to follow BH again but add in Splendid Sampler blocks - both 1 and 2. I'm turning 70 and want to make a quilt in honor of my 71st year, with every week telling something about my past and present.

This is a beautiful thought. I look forward to seeing your finished quilt.

luvstoquilt 06-05-2018 05:10 AM

I think I might do it.

RJLinkletter 06-05-2018 12:53 PM

The Splendid sampler was the book I used when beginning to machine quilt as itballowed me to try lots of different techniques to see what I liked. I didn’t do them all and made a bed runner. I didn’t know they were doing a second one so thanks for flagging it - I have just signed up.

retiredteacher09 06-05-2018 01:42 PM

I will be following along with the Blockheads. I started them last year and then decided I didn't have enough time to do them so just looked at them every week. I will need to check out the Splendid sampler.

sJens 06-05-2018 02:33 PM

I know they also have a facebook page. Not doing this one am doing the 6" blocks for Farm Girl Vintage a Lori Holt pattern. The Featherweight Shop is doing it as a BOM.

KSellers 06-06-2018 05:42 AM

I looked for this, as I have never heard of Blockhead 2, and I could not find it. Could someone please let us know how to take a look to see if we are interested in doing it too.

RJLinkletter 06-06-2018 01:07 PM

KSellers I just googled moda blockhead and it came up (I hadn’t heard of it either)