Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-else-bored-quilt-magazines-t94896.html)

AnnT 01-30-2011 09:50 AM

I've had several subscriptions to different magazines and let them all lapse. Then I got one from Quilter's Home that I enjoyed for a while but it's not holding my interest much any more. I guess because I can find almost anything I need on-line if I'm willing to look long enough. I do look at what our library offers when I go there.

neonparrot 01-30-2011 09:52 AM

I just looked into quilters world, as mentioned above. That's a really pretty heart quilt on its front cover.

Derla 01-30-2011 09:57 AM

I also let my subscriptions lapse - I have too long a list already of quilts I want to make. If I want to get better ideas on how to do it right, I will either come here or to YouTube. I may be old, but I still have an awfully lot to learn.

Jean L.

LivelyLady 01-30-2011 09:58 AM

Oh I agree....I've stopped renewing my subscriptions.

sewmom 01-30-2011 10:02 AM

i've been getting FandP LOQ for several years. i used to look thru them and ohh and ahh. or "this one I'm gonna make" I don't seem to be ding that anymore. Letting it lapse. i was checking out past mags. from the library til they said I didn't return one and are now charging me $16 to replace it. I think not!! so i can't check anything out anymore w/my card. I really have enough books, patterns and inspiration/links from here to keep me busy til the Lord calls me home. That said-I'm making sure when I go to the quilt show this spring that i have the time and money to look thru the mags. and books for sale.

Pickle 01-30-2011 10:03 AM

I think they are too full of advertisements. I do not order any more, especially since I joined the board, I have enough trouble writing down all the names of the quilts people share and trying to find those patterns.LOL Pickle

Iamquilter 01-30-2011 10:04 AM

I've also let all my subscriptions lapse. Most magazines don't have a quilt in it that I like. I have so many books that I would have to live to be 200 to make one quilt from every book.

Tropical 01-30-2011 10:08 AM

When I first got interested in quilting a couple of years ago, I bought any and all mags. I could find. My DH was getting tired of waiting patiently while I hunted them out. Never said anything though. Now I don't even look at them often in the stores. I'll finish my F&P subscription and not renew. I do like Quilting Arts and Fabric Trend but they are expensive and I like to spend my money on fabric and tools.

misoop 01-30-2011 10:10 AM

think I'll let mine subscriptions run out and use the money to buy the Austrailian magazine.....Love it!!!

MamaYitu 01-30-2011 10:17 AM

I have let my subscriptions run out for that reason. I realize I get just as many ideas from just going on this Quilting Board as I do from the magazine and a whole lot cheaper!