Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone else working on Merry Merry Snowmen by Bunny Hill? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-else-working-merry-merry-snowmen-bunny-hill-t205929.html)

chairjogger 11-13-2012 07:41 PM

Anyone else working on Merry Merry Snowmen by Bunny Hill?

Love to know anyone else working on this pattern. How are you adapting to the irregular block shapes? How are you coming along with the embroidery? Are you using the same fabric for scarves? I have tried to very my choices.
Main question: how are you handleing the window panes? Using a chord or embroidery?
Really hoping thete is someone else working on this project. It is cute, labor intensive..that was a surprise.

Bataplai 11-13-2012 08:20 PM

I am working on it. I'm behind though ... too many other projects. I've finished the first 2 blocks, and the applique is done on block 3 - I just need to finish the embroidery on it. So far I've been following the directions for embroidery stitch styles and fabrics.

kathdavis 11-13-2012 09:09 PM

Okay, you guys have to post pictures when you are finished.

chairjogger 11-14-2012 02:24 AM

Kathleen,
It's the finished part that is the hard part. :0) so much detail....and I am adding my own things..I just need motivation to finish so I can quilt! Hah ! Thanks for the post.

Bataplai 11-14-2012 06:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures from my block 1 and 2. Just need to do the embroidery on block 3. Yes, I'm behind. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]376491[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]376492[/ATTACH]

Jingle 11-14-2012 08:04 AM

Wow, from the looks of these two blocks it will be a beautiful quilt.

chairjogger 11-14-2012 12:09 PM

Wow! You found the exact fabric too! Great! I have decided one strand of embroidery floss doubled on needle for the window panes.That is working! Love your bird bath aand santa block! I started with the cups first. So nice to see other than the pattern..thank you for posting!

franc36 11-14-2012 03:38 PM

I have just completed the top of my quilt. I love, love, love it. I am making it for my granddaughter and just finished making the label this afternoon. I had no trouble sewing the blocks together. Just follow the instructions. This was my first attempt at hand appliqué. I found that I really enjoy it. I used embroidery on the windows as suggested in the instructions. Tomorrow, I plan to make my quilt sandwich. I want to try to quilt it myself the way it is quilted in the pictures. Wish me luck, as FMQ is a real challenge for me. I was excited to learn that others are making this quilt.

Shadowirish 11-14-2012 03:43 PM

I have the pattern for this and have gathered enough material (I hope) not the exact same line but most of it is French General. I just need the nerve to start on it.....it's a bit ambitious for this newbie!

lfstamper 11-14-2012 03:46 PM

Darling quilt!