Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is anyone familiar with Guidelines for Quilting products??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-familiar-guidelines-quilting-products-t178830.html)

pinkberrykay 02-10-2012 05:47 AM

Is anyone familiar with Guidelines for Quilting products???

I received an email from this company which I have never heard of and was intrigued by their products. I went to their website to investigate further. Not sure I understand the need for some of the products, but I was interested in the "scant 1/4 inch seam guide". I was hoping someone here has used their products and can let me know what they think of them.

http://www.guidelines4quilting.com/P...Catalogue.html

Thanks in advance.

joyce888 02-10-2012 05:56 AM

I've not used any of them, but I do know people that have bought the guides that fit on your ruler and your able to change the size of a block without doing any math. In my opinion they are kind of pricey.

pamabla 02-10-2012 06:40 AM

I bought their 12" ruler several years ago and do not use anything else now. I love the yellow "quideline" on it, which can be adjusted to whatever size strip or block you need. Sure is easier than trying to focus your eyes again after each cut. I do have the other attachments also, but the ruler is my absolute favorite. I believe the website has a turorial on their products also. I highly recommend this ruler.

annthreecats 02-10-2012 06:47 AM

Those products look cool.

mighty 02-10-2012 06:59 AM

Have never used any of these products but they do look very interesting. Thanks for the link!!

ShowMama 02-10-2012 07:09 AM

I bought the set of two 12"x6" rulers that could be used individually or connected into a 12"x12" square or a 24"x6" long ruler. The rulers worked well except that the finish on top of them caused so much glare from overhead lights that I couldn't read the markings. I tried different types of lighting, but nothing changed the glare problem. I'm not sure if it was the shiny finish or just my eyes, but I really had a difficult time using them. After they sat in my sewing room untouched for months, I ended up donating them to my guild's "country store" during the quilt show we held last July. I hated to just give them away because they are a little costlier than regular rulers, but they weren't doing me any good just sitting there. I assume that someone bought them and hopefully can use them successfully.

intoquilting 02-10-2012 07:11 AM

I haven't used them but I have seen a demo at quilt shows and thought they would be a really good idea. They are supposed to be more accurate.

alwayslearning 02-10-2012 07:12 AM

My first concern is your security on the Internet. How did they get your email address? Why did you open mail from someone you do not know? I do not open mail from senders I do not recognize. I move it to SPAM. It looks like you were lucky this time, but please be more cautious in the future. There are many people on this Board who have had huge problems because of viruses and malware received from innocent looking email.

pinkberrykay 02-10-2012 07:16 AM

I signed up for a bunch of quilting things so I am sure this is how I got it. I am able to view my emails without opening them. I opened a new address bar and typed in the address, not clicking on the direct link from email. I use a MAC and have never had malware or viruses on my computer.

Thanks for your concern.:)

Originally Posted by alwayslearning (Post 4961355)
My first concern is your security on the Internet. How did they get your email address? Why did you open mail from someone you do not know? I do not open mail from senders I do not recognize. I move it to SPAM. It looks like you were lucky this time, but please be more cautious in the future. There are many people on this Board who have had huge problems because of viruses and malware received from innocent looking email.

alwayslearning 02-10-2012 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay (Post 4961375)
I signed up for a bunch of quilting things so I am sure this is how I got it. I am able to view my emails without opening them. I opened a new address bar and typed in the address, not clicking on the direct link from email. I use a MAC and have never had malware or viruses on my computer.

Thanks for your concern.:)

Thanks for your reply and understanding of my concerns. Obviously, you are very cautious and I applaud that!