Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone familiar with this marker (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-familiar-marker-t273194.html)

Sandygirl 12-10-2015 07:30 PM

Anyone familiar with this marker

Someone asked me about a white marking pen that when you mark fabric, it will disappear when you iron it. I am not referring to Frixions...this is a pencil and it has Japanese writing on it. Anyone familiar?
sandy

DOTTYMO 12-10-2015 10:34 PM

Not seen it in the UK. It sounds like a new pen filling the gap of marking on dark fabric. Will keep watching as I am very interested in one.

audsgirl 12-10-2015 11:12 PM

It's a Clover pen. It takes a few seconds for the line to show up, which can be a little frustrating. But the marks iron off just fine. I've used it a lot. I like almost anything that Clover makes.

Leslie

Gay 12-11-2015 02:42 AM

I have one, somewhere, only tried it once. It did leave a very faint line after ironing, not white, but almost invisible. I think I would try washing before ironing next time, just to test if washing brings it out. Now - to find it again...

Hinterland 12-11-2015 05:09 AM

I use it all the time. I've never had a problem with the marks not coming off.

Janet

JustAbitCrazy 12-11-2015 05:56 AM

I love those pens, but caution: they do dry out, so don't do what I did and buy it for "some day". When some day came, it was dried out. Buy it when you need it. :)

ManiacQuilter2 12-11-2015 06:34 AM

Same thing happen to me. Bought one when on sale but didn't use it. Usually I prefer the powder white chalk. You can see it much better and it comes off the quilts very easily.

GEMRM 12-11-2015 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 7400682)
I love those pens, but caution: they do dry out, so don't do what I did and buy it for "some day". When some day came, it was dried out. Buy it when you need it. :)

I'm still using my first Clover pen of this type, and while it might seem that it's dried out, it may just need to be stored (with it's cap on), and the tip pointing down for awhile.
I replace the cap between lines if I'm fiddling around with figuring or calculating.
As long as it shows some white in the barrel, and the cap has been kept on, it should work, or at least mine does. I also store my new one in the original unopened packaging.
Also, you can buy a package of replacement refills vs having to buy the entire pen. If memory serves me right, the two refills (one package) were equivalent price to one pen.

Sandygirl 12-12-2015 03:09 AM

Does it have the Japanese writing on it? Nwhat is the sku number?
sandy

ladydukes 12-12-2015 07:32 AM

I was at my LA quilters house the other day, and she drew some lines with a purple pen on my quilt to show me what she planned to do. She said, "don't worry, these lines will disappear on their own, and I can also erase them with the other end of the pen." The opposite end of the pen contained a swab like thing that appeared to be damp. When she touched the marked area, it immediately disappeared. I plan to buy these pens, but I forgot to get the name/brand of the pen from her, which I plan to do so that I can order or purchase them.