Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone going to Puyallup Wa. Expo this week and weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-going-puyallup-wa-expo-week-weekend-t181208.html)

sewbeadit 03-01-2012 04:01 AM

Anyone going to Puyallup Wa. Expo this week and weekend?

I can't go so was wondering if anyone else is going, of course they are.lol Want to hear how it went and if you got any goodies, and some pictures would be nice.

Gramie bj 03-04-2012 09:31 AM

Friday about 60 of us made the buss trip from Wenatchee for the day, had a great time, too many people! LOL Pacific had a 20* off sale on all there fabric, found some good prices on pattern's of course my first stop was at Superior Thread so my LA is set for a long time! picked up lots of information on new products some I will order when I start a project to use them with. Lots more clothing and fashion booths this year. It tryed to rain most of the day. The Scone's were great! The trip home was a long one, but we made it over Snqualimie before it was closed for avalance control and were back in Wenatchee by 10. All in all I'd do it again but I want to stay 2 days and take more classes! LOL

Doreen 03-04-2012 10:31 AM

Gosh, I wish I was closer. Last year we were in Wa and went to the fair. The quilts were absolutely beautiful. When I lived in Wa I never made it to the expo. Glad you made it home, that is a long trip in bad weather.

kerrym38 03-04-2012 11:41 AM

I went Friday on a bus from Bellingham. I have gone every year for many, many years (lost count). I love it! And after all that walking and shopping, I slept like a baby Friday night! :) Like Grammie bj, I made sure I went to the Superior Threads booth and stocked up on thread for my longarm. Also purchased an open toe stippling foot for my longarm. I bought a pattern and fabric for a cute bag, and also a quilted wall hanging kit. Ordered a quilt pattern that was sold out ... Next year I am seriously considering going for a couple of days so I can take some classes. It's hard to fit in classes and shopping when you're only there one day.

SewExtremeSeams 03-04-2012 12:24 PM

When I used to live on the West side, I would go each of the four days and spend lots of $$$$! Since moving to the East side I haven't made it and definitely miss being there. Maybe next year. I know it keeps getting bigger and better. Glad y'all had a good time.

sewbeadit 03-05-2012 08:17 PM

I had a family wedding to go to so couldn't get to the Expo. I used to go from the beginning when it was at the Tacoma Dome. I went for years, then as I got old it got harder to get there, as I can't drive by myself, so I really wanted to go but couldn't. I just wonder if it has gotten bigger. Well there is always next year.lol I am glad everyone had fun.

JillC 03-05-2012 09:11 PM

I went for 4 hour fitting class on Wednesday and 2 hour class on Thursday which was the opening day for the vendors....Head was full of info after classes and then spent Thursday shopping.Total sensory overload. Had a great time, met some really fantastic people! Was a grand time. I hadn't been for over 4 years, so I really enjoyed it, and met some of my favorite sewing celebs as well.