Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone have the Bernina 770 QE E? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-have-bernina-770-qe-e-t316781.html)

SusieQOH 11-08-2021 03:29 PM

RedGarnet- check out Bernina Jeff and Robin Curd on Youtube. They have given me a ton of advice!!!
There are more but these 2 are my favs.
I'm so happy for you!!! :)

RedGarnet222 11-08-2021 06:55 PM

Thanks everyone for your help. Hubby got the 790 Plus with the crystal promotional machine package. It comes with lots of extras and turned out to be only about five hundred more than the 770 we started looking at. It is on it's way from Chicago and hopefully will be here by friday. I am really excited now! A bit more than I thought we would spend, but, I talked to my Bernina repair man and he said it was a great machine and recommended it fully.

jmoore 11-09-2021 03:34 AM

Congratulations RedGarnet222. There is a lot to learn and very exciting to explore. Enjoy your new machine! I don’t think you will be disappointed in your decision…

Iceblossom 11-09-2021 04:07 AM

What fun!

My Bernina has been in the shop a couple times recently, but the repair seems to have held this time. I was able to drool a bit at the new models. Ooooo, shiney....

Enjoy all the bells and whistles and space and light and auto threading and all the other goodies.

Fizzle 11-09-2021 05:12 AM

I have one and love it. I am a Bernina gal since 1984. I have the 930 Record and the 770. I did get the 770 fin 2016 rom a Quilt Show and got a good deal on it. I went with the least expensive with the longest throat space. Perfect machine…

sewingpup 11-09-2021 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 8518572)
Congratulations RedGarnet222. There is a lot to learn and very exciting to explore. Enjoy your new machine! I don’t think you will be disappointed in your decision…

Just congratulations! ummm...there may be a few moments of frustration as you learn to operate your new machine......give it a few months. These Bernina's are Diva's! Once she gets you trained, you will be fine! Don't forget on the Bernina website under the "Learn and Create" tab, you can access the "Mastery Workbooks" These are downloadable as PDF and include videos in them. I have learned a lot from them. There are four workbooks, for Sewing, Embroidery, Accessories, and their longarm. Have Fun! Once I learned where to get more info, I did fine.

Doggramma 11-09-2021 06:27 AM

I have the 770 Tula Pink machine. I love it. Previously I had the 820, a bigger machine, but that had bobbin issues. There’s a different bobbin situation in the 770. It reminds me of a smaller machine I had years ago - i think it was maybe 160 or 180 something. I’ve had the 770 a couple of years and have had no issues.

Edited: oh my gosh I missed the post where you said you got the 790! Congratulations and have fun on your new machine!

RedGarnet222 11-09-2021 02:28 PM

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate you taking the time to post about the machines and where to get the information to master this machine. I am really beside myself happy about it. Hubby said," Honey, you deserve it and I Love you."

I started out with my first bernina 830 record in the seventies and have had four other models though the years. The 190 Artista and 440 Aurora I still have. All of the others I have passed through the family members.

I even found an even older one at a thrift shop. it was the top of the line green colored record 730 (I think) and it had all of the feet and accessory holder full of goodies. I ended up only having to pay $17.50 for it! It was senior's day. I know, it was astounding to me too. I gave that one to my sister after I checked it all out and cleaned it up like new. I posted pics of it here on the board.

There is nothing like a Bernina I am thrilled to get this new one, just thrilled.

RedGarnet222 11-09-2021 03:05 PM

Old bernina 730 - Quiltingboard Forums Here is the old one in case you want to see her. Turns out, I paid less than I thought.

SusieQOH 11-10-2021 07:34 AM

The next best thing to your new Bernina is that hubby of yours! :) He's a sweetheart.

A little side here- I sewed on a Kenmore for years. I always wanted a Bernina but had to wait awhile. When I got my 150QE I was in heaven! I still love that machine and never had one issue with it. So naturally when the new ones came out I had to have another Bernina. It seems a lot of us who have them don't want to sew on anything else.