Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone heard about this thing called" micro stitch gun" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-heard-about-thing-called%22-micro-stitch-gun%22-t22865.html)

sunnyhope 07-16-2009 12:39 PM

" Whether it is basting quilts, clothing repairs, home decorating,

card crafts, quick hems or anywhere where you need to attach anything quickly and easily, the microstitch does the job.

Better than thread, staples, pins, or large tacks, these tiny (4mm) fasteners are easy to apply and can be removed with a quick pull or snip.

No gaping holes left in the fabric! "

Lacelady 07-16-2009 03:00 PM

I have one Sunny and use it on my quilts all the time. I find it really useful, and easier on the hands than using pins.

Lacelady 07-16-2009 03:05 PM

I meant to say Sunny, see the thread 'Has anyone tried', I posted a bit about my micro stitch gun on that.

Butterflyspain 07-16-2009 10:00 PM

Hi Sunny, I use a micro baste gun as well, really good I like it a lot. Tip if you can get the Black plastic tags that you put through the gun they show up easier so you can cut them of afterwards. I found using the white I missed some.

Yep I recommend these. We have them at our stitching group.

Pam in WV 07-17-2009 02:49 AM

When you baste with this micro stitch what type of surface do you have to lay your quilts on to baste them?

Lacelady 07-17-2009 05:10 AM

I do mine on my sitting room carpet, but you could use Klue's tip if you have laminate/wood floors, tiles etc. that is to put a marble underneath the quilt. Roll it around to where you want to tack, and shoot through. The needle won't come into contact with any surface underneath, so no scratches.

Knot Sew 07-17-2009 05:17 AM

I have one and haven't used it, as my grankids did, and broke the needle. I did use it to put buttons on a few things. Its handy for pants that are a bit tight

butterflywing 07-19-2009 01:27 PM

i have one and i like it very much. it's like a gun that shoots a plastic thread with tags on both ends. the first tag folds back so it can go through your fabric, along with the plastic thread, and the second, larger tag, stops everything from passing right through. it creates a very flexible line of plastic that holds your quilt sandwich together much the same way as pins, but it bends with the fabric and is less lumpy. before my longarm, i used it quite a lot. now i use it to attach my quilt backing to the leaders of my longarm, then the batting and top to the backing. much faster than pins and you don't get stuck. i go through and then come back up.

when i used mine a lot, i used the plastic grid that you can buy for it. it made it very easy to use on the table top.

yolanda 04-01-2012 05:26 PM

What is the best way to remove these? I just finished a quilt - loved that I didn't have to stop to remove pins but I am struggling with removing the tacks/stitches