Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone made Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-made-bonnie-hunters-double-delight-quilt-t198468.html)

Jan in FL 08-23-2012 05:21 PM

I did her mystery quilt last fall, Orca Bay. She has crazy small pieces.....but the end result gave me the best feeling and it is the most beautiful quilt. It will be awhile before I tackle another one of her patterns.

Jan in VA 08-23-2012 05:42 PM

This quote from her website about this gorgeous quilt is the exact reason why I float quilts on point; I can then trim to a more suitable size to make pieced borders if I wish. Among many other reasons!

The quilt is great, by the way!

Jan in VA

"There is something that happens when you put a quilt on point. The dimensions, which start out even, since everything is built on a 9" finished block size..becomes WIERD. The dimensions are 63 3/4" X 76 1/4". By itself, that isn't a problem. But if you want to have a nice little pieced border that marches around the quilt, you are going to have to find a common denominator for these units, and that means having to add spacers to the top and bottom of the quilt that are a different measurement than what you add to the sides of the quilt to give you the right size."

burchquilts 08-23-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by pdcakm (Post 5462578)
that is a stunning quilt. as many times as i have been on her site i have never seen this one. lots of work but you will have a beautiful quilt. keep up the good work.

I must have missed in my many visits, too, tho I don't know how I could. It's beautiful! Please post when yours is done!

burchquilts 08-23-2012 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 5462590)
I think all Bonnie's quilts are gorgeous. I'm in the process of making two right now. Can't wait to see yours.

I love her patterns, too. "Chunky Churndash" is right at the top of my to-do list. Please post pix of yours when you're done, OK? Inquiring minds...

BellaBoo 08-23-2012 08:53 PM

Step one and two complete. I'll post pics tomorrow. Bedtime now.

hevemi 08-23-2012 08:55 PM

I have made it in sligtly darker color tones and various antique rose fabrics for setting triangles. It was my first "real" quilt, came out beautiful, too .I also cross hatch quilted as I had not yet tried FMQ By the end of Sept.? I think it's quite do-able as your continous piecing makes it pretty quick, assembling mine too the longest as I had no design wall and had to make room on the floor.

Jim 08-23-2012 09:08 PM

Bonnie is amazing and she is going to be teaching at the Bluegrass Quilt Festival on Sept 27, 28, 29 and 30th...its in Shepherdsville KY.(only 20 miles from us) So glad to have such a great inspirational teacher at a local show. Can't wait to go... hope to get in to one of her classes...last year my wife won a new Bernina at this show....more info is listed at Bluegrassquiltfestive.com

quiltsRfun 08-23-2012 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5463314)
I love her patterns, too. "Chunky Churndash" is right at the top of my to-do list. Please post pix of yours when you're done, OK? Inquiring minds...

Funny you should say that, Chunky Churndash is one of the quilts I'm making. :)

quiltsRfun 08-23-2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5463461)
Step one and two complete. I'll post pics tomorrow. Bedtime now.

You're well on your way. Good work!

Ruby the Quilter 08-23-2012 09:50 PM

It will be lovely. Good luck on your time line.