Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone made Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-made-bonnie-hunters-double-delight-quilt-t198468.html)

blueheavenfla 08-24-2012 07:33 PM

I bailed too when I saw that. I like things a bit less complicated at my advanced age.

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5462736)
Her quilts are great because of the variety of the fabrics and scraps she puts in them. I guess I am too lazy to piece all those individual half square triangles. I was already to do the "Roll, roll cotton boll" until the instructions said something like...do 400 half share triangles and I bailed. Your quilt will look super when you get it done and I applaud your diligence!!!

Jan in VA 08-24-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by catmcclure (Post 5464173)
HST??? All I see in that quilt are Square in a Square patches, 9 patches, some squares and some setting triangles. What am I missing???

Cat,
You're not missing a thing! You obviously "see" patterns in the easiest piecing ways; were you a Mary Ellen Hopkins student, by chance?

No way would I make this with lots of little triangles!! It IS a great quilt, though; love the colors!

Jan in VA

paulswalia 08-25-2012 03:31 AM

Go Bella, Go Bella, Go Bella.........(with pom poms made of fabric strips waving over my head)

sherryl1 08-25-2012 05:13 AM

do you use thangles or triangles on a roll?makes everything easier and less stressful

Wanabee Quiltin 08-25-2012 05:37 AM

It's a pretty quilt for sure. I have 3 of her books and honestly am not overly crazy about them because of all the small pieces. I think each of her quilts must have over 1000 pieces of 2 inch squares and that is not fun to cut. Her quilts are beautiful to look at and she recycles fabric which I do too, but I just don't have all that time to cut up my fabric into 2 inch squares or even smaller. And then to make all those HST, holy cow !! My quilts are just lovely and I rarely make 2 inch squares. To each their own. Good Luck with making this quit.

FLQ 08-25-2012 06:49 AM

This Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt is wonderful. I'm working on two of her free patterns, Pineapple Blosom (fun and fast!) and a leaders and Enders with 300+ 4 patches that are done at the beginning and end of another in progress project. If you cut and organize scraps by Bonnie's method and follow the directions to lead and end with blocks you can make a number of quilts fairly quickly. Thank you BellaBoo for highlighting Double Delight by Bonnie Hunter! (ps- I've been hitting GW and thrift stores for cotton shirts and I'm beginning to think Bonnie's followers have snagged them all. I'm finding very few now to use in shirting patterns, lol.)

mrodarme 08-25-2012 06:58 AM

just finished her string star...have done her delectable mountains (luv her technique)..finished her midnite flight in may...my xmas star is currently at the laq...it too is HUGE.....brought my tops to her recent texas visits...i dont know how she gets them done so quickly with no sewing help..especially with her hectic schedule..her quilts are beautiful, but the #of pieces is craazy..my mantra for this year is no more bonnie...im now concentrating on eleanor burns...not so many pieces...good luck....sew crazy.....monica in texas

dsews2 08-25-2012 06:59 AM

Very nice quilt with more piecing then i'd ever do. Good luck......

grandmaemma 08-25-2012 07:05 AM

Beautiful. Love the colors!

purplefiend 08-25-2012 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love her patterns. I've done several of them. My current favorite is "Crayon Box". This quilt is all flannels except for the binding and backing. I made it for my favorite quilt charity group; "The Linus Connection".
Sharon W.