Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone order from Benfranklin.com? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-order-benfranklin-com-t184499.html)

JamieQ 03-30-2012 07:03 PM

Anyone order from Benfranklin.com?

Has anyone here ordered from Benfranklin.com? Their Accuquilt die prices are REALLY good, but that makes me slightly suspicious, LOL! Maybe the website is out of date?

I know they have stores, but there hasn't been a Ben Franklin in this part of Texas in decades!

Thanks for any help/opinions/warnings!

Phyllis42 03-30-2012 08:09 PM

I'll definitely be following this thread. I did get the Go Baby for approx. $74 so this price is comparable. I've been watching for the tumbler die and this is definitely a great price.

quiltstringz 03-30-2012 08:11 PM

I haven't ordered from them but looked at a couple of dies, I have a friend with a wholesale account at United and Bens prices are about $1.5 over what her cost would be. So Great Deal, if you have acutter I think I would try them with buying 1 die. Thanks for the link, I will go out there and look another day!

PaperPrincess 03-31-2012 05:12 AM

I've ordered from them, but it takes FOREVER for the order to arrive. Like 5 weeks. When I finally called and talked to customer service, I got the understanding that they don't keep these in stock. I will order from them again, but nothing that I need right away.

intoquilting 03-31-2012 05:33 AM

I have ordered from them too. The prices were good but it did take a while to get my order. I finally emailed to check on the order and then received it pretty quick.

briank15 04-17-2012 01:05 PM

Hey everyone I actually started another chat about this site. I had a good experience got all my the stuff I ordered. You guys should also use shopzilla to price compare thats where I found www.benfranklin.com and a few other great sites for crafts! It takes a little time to get use to but once you understand how it works you can find some great deals.

DixieD 04-22-2012 05:50 AM

I always shopped at Ben Franklin in Maui for quilting supplies, but never ordered from them, but never ordered. Good luck.

mmb195152 04-22-2012 06:07 AM

There is a newer Ben Franklin near Milwaukee that I absolutely love! We haven't had one here in many years. Don't know anything about the online store, but the store in Milwaukee is very reputable. The online store can probably get their wholesale items much cheaper than a LQS because of buying in much bigger quantities. I wouldn't hesitate but that's me.

nangars 04-22-2012 06:12 AM

Check out Jhittle's (Jhittle.com) Check out their prices for Accuquilt die prices, they sell everything wholesale to the public. I have ordered many things from them. Check them on other things, compare to Nancy' Notions and you will see the different in price. You get the items via prior mail, very fast service. Just about anything you want in sewing supplies.

Momma_K 04-22-2012 06:22 AM

I used to work for Ben Franklin years ago and loved it. They really do strive to order the best stock possible and keep prices at best. It could be why they've been around for years and keep on going!!