Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone out there have an ELNA 2007?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-out-there-have-elna-2007-a-t99054.html)

CoventryUK 02-12-2011 09:18 AM

My grandaughter has brought her sewing machine to my house to do her project for an exam. She does not have the manual with her and the machine is playing up ie not stitching properly!! I appear to be having issues threading the darn thing( tried every which way!!) Thread keeps looping or breaking! Before I sling the lot can anyone HELP!!!!!!?l: :roll: :roll: :cry:

wvhill22 02-12-2011 09:28 AM

have you tried cleaning it. rethreading the top and bobbin. mine will do that now and then but it will usually be fine if i rethread everything. also sometimes it will do that if i start to close to the edge.

CoventryUK 02-12-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by wvhill22
have you tried cleaning it. rethreading the top and bobbin. mine will do that now and then but it will usually be fine if i rethread everything. also sometimes it will do that if i start to close to the edge.

Yep!!! Done all that! Changed needle, stripped it down n oiled it!!! She is doing FMQ and it was fine this morning!!!

sewwhat85 02-12-2011 09:40 AM

i could not find an online manual sorry

patricej 02-12-2011 09:41 AM

have her put everything back to normal and test it on plain old straight stitching.

if it works fine, then ... i hate to say it ... the problem might not be the machine.

CoventryUK 02-12-2011 10:37 PM

We left it for a couple of hours and went out for a meal! Came back changed cotton again and it worked fine!!!!!! Project nearly done just binding to do this morning before she heads off back home!! Thanks for your help!

patricej 02-13-2011 12:49 AM

what a relief! i've been haunted all day by visions of that machine going out the window. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Izy 02-13-2011 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
We left it for a couple of hours and went out for a meal! Came back changed cotton again and it worked fine!!!!!! Project nearly done just binding to do this morning before she heads off back home!! Thanks for your help!

Glad all worked out in the end, I know how much you were looking forward to spending the weekend sewing this project!! Can we have a picture...pleeeze!!!!

:thumbup:

CoventryUK 02-13-2011 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK

Glad all worked out in the end, I know how much you were looking forward to spending the weekend sewing this project!! Can we have a picture...pleeeze!!!!

:thumbup:

Posted inPictures 'Grandaughters First Quilt'!! Thanks Izy!!

got there in the end!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]120309[/ATTACH]

Cybrarian 02-13-2011 04:18 PM

What a unique and ambitious design especially for a 1st quilt. Beautiful!!