Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone own a BlockRockit (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-own-blockrockit-t262581.html)

Thumbelina 03-14-2015 09:33 AM

Welcome from NE Ohio.

SingerSewer 03-14-2015 02:58 PM

I don't have the Block Rockit but I did order the Grace Q'nique this week. They are supposed to be the same machines with different decals. I chose it because it will fit on the Grace frame I have now.

Barb_MO 03-14-2015 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by SingerSewer (Post 7127597)
I don't have the Block Rockit but I did order the Grace Q'nique this week. They are supposed to be the same machines with different decals. I chose it because it will fit on the Grace frame I have now.

What frame do you have now?

Barb_MO 03-14-2015 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by linbails (Post 7126800)
I own one and love it!! I just got it in November and haven't really had a lot of time on the machine ( life gets in the way ) They have a website it very helpful and Lynn from Kathyquilts will answer any questions... they have a great support group.

What frame do you have it on?

Ginaky 03-14-2015 05:31 PM

I have had my BlockRockiT since last summer and I am more than pleased with it. As someone else said, the price is very reasonable. I have found the support to be fantastic. I have mine on a Little Gracie II wooden frame, which I used with a Juki TL98Q before I got the BlockRockiT. I have never regretted my purchase!

FroggyinTexas 03-14-2015 05:36 PM

Welcome from N Texas, 60 miles north of Dallas and 30 miles south of Durant, OK. I have no idea about a BlockRockit, tu hope you get good information. froggyintexas

lfstamper 03-14-2015 05:38 PM

LOVE my Tracey's Table! They build nice quality pieces!

Originally Posted by hray (Post 7126701)
I tried a Block RockIt at Quilt Week in Albuquerque in January--it was WAY cool! and the price is very reasonable for what it is. I really liked the stitch regulator--much better than the one I tried on the Sweet 16 sit down machine.

However, I realized I didn't like the fact that even with the Block RockIt (in fact, any mid or long arm machine) you are restricted to the width of no more than 1' or so. I like to do diagonals across quilts, etc. and you'd have to roll it back and forth to do that. SO...I'm about to order a sewing table (probably from Tracey's Tables) with a surface that will support the quilt, and let me do FMQ with my 11" throat machine.

There is a very helpful Yahoo Group for the Block RockIt--I highly recommend it if you're considering the machine, and especially if you buy one.

Just my 2c,

Hallie in NM

mom-momquilts 03-14-2015 05:56 PM

Thank you for all the responses! Really helped a lot. Happy Quilting to all

SingerSewer 03-15-2015 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO (Post 7127652)
What frame do you have it on?

Little Gracie II...I had to upgrade the carriage from the original wooden one.

be a quilter 03-15-2015 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 7126646)
Well nuts!

Thanks Peckish, gave me a good laugh!!