Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone quilting today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-quilting-today-t203086.html)

117becca 10-13-2012 04:59 PM

I am quilting now watching the football game. I did sew a couple blocks on my next quilt after going to the grocery store and working on some concrete work....I'd much rather sew than do concrete repair!!

Lori S 10-13-2012 05:02 PM

I am not quilting.. cleaning out!! My room was out of control. I will be happy when it finally done.

Jingle 10-13-2012 05:59 PM

I sewed pieces together, pressed. trimmed today while washing four loads of laundry. I pulled some weeds out of a flower bed. Tomorrow I will wash three more loads, sew more pieces,press trim and clean floors. We have had perfect and beautiful weather. I was a tad bit windy, no chill in the air but, house got a bit warm because I made beff stew for dinner.

tildiemae 10-15-2012 04:24 AM

I wish I was but I'm busy sewing Halloween costumes for our four grandchildren...2 are done!!

Landers 10-15-2012 09:10 AM

At work. Oops!

MimiBug123 10-15-2012 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 5581939)
Its so cold here...its hard to get modivated...I have all my blocks cut and started to sew them together the other day...I would like to get the top completed today...I need a push..

I have the other problem--it's so hot I can hardly get motivated to finish a quilt for my DGD's birthday on Thursday. I know I have to finish it, and I've just started to piece the top. It's 10 in. blocks, so it won't take long, but then I've got to quilt it. Even with the ac cranking, it's hot! Oh well, I know she will love it, so I keep telling myself I'm doing it for her!!!

sewsew busy 10-15-2012 01:06 PM

Trying to get going today, as a matter of fact since last Thursday. My dad has been in the hospital and I have been with him. I am now home and as you can see not in my sewing room. Headed there soon.

GrannieAnnie 10-15-2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 5581939)
Its so cold here...its hard to get modivated...I have all my blocks cut and started to sew them together the other day...I would like to get the top completed today...I need a push..

I finished up the church's raffle quilt's binding at 9 AM yesterday morning. Drawing was 2 PM and we had Mass and a carry in dinner between.

TODAY, I'm sorting clothes that no longer fit, small bundles of sewing stuff, table cloths that I seldom use, junk that's piled up on the living room lamp table.......................playing on the computer.

dlf0122quilting 10-15-2012 05:47 PM

It was over 90 here today but I sewed 12 Log Cabin blocks anyway. Much easier to work on the machine in this heat than to do hand work. It also keeps me out of the kitchen. Good luck. I get my mojo back when I read all the wonderful posts on this forum.

KathyM 10-15-2012 06:38 PM

I'm on a quilt retreat. Came last Saturday and go home Friday morning. We sew late, get up when we feel like it!