Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone tried a "Neat Organizer" for organizing patterns? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-tried-%22neat-organizer%22-organizing-patterns-t134930.html)

donnaree59 07-03-2011 10:39 AM

I've seen this advertised on television several times and was just wondering if you could use it to organize quilt patterns, ideas, articles, etc.? I have several notebooks for things like this, but if you could scan it and it organize it.... I know, it sounds too good to be true, but I thought someone out there in cyberland may have tried it. Anyone?

alikat110 07-03-2011 10:41 AM

Inquiring minds want to know

cjomomma 07-03-2011 11:33 AM

I don't know what it is.

CoyoteQuilts 07-03-2011 11:36 AM

It is a scanner that has software that automatically puts your receipts in the proper place for taxes, records, etc in your computer. Looks like a neat idea. If it works it would cut down on the shoe box full of receipts for CPA's.

Does it accept the larger paper? Also, would you be getting involved in the copyright infringement arena?

donnaree59 07-03-2011 05:59 PM

Does it accept the larger paper? Also, would you be getting involved in the copyright infringement arena?[/quote]

I'm not sure about either one! I just thought of all the torn up magazines that I have patterns from and wondered if this would work. I also have a couple of boxes of patterns that could be scanned and then given away...

Was just wondering...

Maggie_Sue 07-03-2011 06:19 PM

Just checked it out on the web site, looks really neat. Be interested if anyone has it.

ghostrider 07-03-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by donnaree59

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
Does it accept the larger paper? Also, would you be getting involved in the copyright infringement arena?

I'm not sure about either one! I just thought of all the torn up magazines that I have patterns from and wondered if this would work. I also have a couple of boxes of patterns that could be scanned and then given away...

Was just wondering...

Scanning patterns and then giving the original away would be a copyright violation, yes, just the same as copying it for yourself and giving the original away.

BarbaraA 07-03-2011 07:40 PM

I have an iPad and have been downloading patterns to a PDF program. If you have a scanner, you could do the same thing to organize to PDF or Adobe.

scrappycats 07-03-2011 07:43 PM

Hmm . . .you could just scan in and have your regular scanner turn it into a pdf and see how that goes.

I have a huge folder on my computer of quilt patterns and magazines and find that I don't use them. They just sit there. I wonder if I scanned in all my patterns it would be the same thing.

pflum1 07-04-2011 05:09 AM

I don't think you would be able to take magazines and scan it as the "neat orangizier" only takes one sheet at a time. Doctor offices use it to scan insurance cards. It would take a lot of time to scan all a person quilt patterns.
You can take a regular scanner and do the same thing. Then make a file on your computer.
I made a file using excel on my computer where I list patterns that I like or would like to make. It tells me what magazine to look in with the page #. When I get a new magazine and see a pattern, I just log it in. Saves time looking later.