Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is anyone working on a Judy Neimeyer pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-working-judy-neimeyer-pattern-t270156.html)

sewingitalltogether 09-19-2015 12:16 PM

Is anyone working on a Judy Neimeyer pattern?

Anyone else working on one of the Judy Neimeyer patterns? I'm deep into the Cactus Rose and just bought Rain Drops with the extra foundation papers.

ManiacQuilter2 09-19-2015 01:22 PM

I have two of her PP patterns but haven't found the right fabric yet.

woody 09-19-2015 03:13 PM

I have made Sea Urchins and have started Mariners Star and have a few other patterns as well. I love them :)

Trapunta 09-19-2015 03:38 PM

I've been admiring her patterns for awhile, but haven't yet tried one. Do post pictures when you finish!

Becky's Crafts 09-20-2015 04:33 AM

I've got two of her patterns I can't wait to delve into, but have been working feverishly to past all the requests so I can get to some of mine. One in particular is the Mistletoe Christmas Tree Skirt. I was told I can't easily cut it down to fit a camper, and haven't had the time to try yet. Have fun with yours! She has the most wonderful patterns!!

feline fanatic 09-20-2015 05:17 AM

I am in the process of quilting Agave Garden that I finished piecing about a year ago. I also have the pattern for Feathered star but was disappointed when a few months after I bought it she came out with a bed size version with a more elaborate border design. I will still make the wall hanging size but would have preferred the bed size. This isn't one of the patterns where she offered the add on package as she has done with a few others. I love her patterns but need to be choosy about which ones I do as they are so spendy. Worth it, IMO but can't afford to buy as many of them as I would like.

luvspaper 09-20-2015 07:15 AM

I've made Mariners Star years ago and now am quilting a bedrunner using the Bali Wedding Star. I really do like her pattern and just saw one of her newer ones that I would like to do, but forget the name. I too won't buy the pattern unless I know I am going to make it. I was lucky to find BWS on ebay a few years ago a lot less expensive than the original price, but it was the original version. They are definitely not for sissies!

Mariposa 09-20-2015 07:34 AM

I love her patterns! I've been working on a Crown of Thorns, and found a Glacier Star pattern at an earlier show. :)
Now for collecting fabrics.... I too have to "choose wisely" which patterns I want, as they're spendy. But oh sew fun!

quilter1 09-20-2015 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love her patterns and methods. I have finished my Glacier Star, it is yet to be quilted, and am working on my Mariner's Compass. I find her patterns very satisfying to work on and my results are good.

OhCanada 09-20-2015 07:43 AM

I have her Fourth of July pattern that I bought a number of years ago. I think I may be feeling confident enough to tackle it now. It would be wonderful to have such a gorgeous quilt finished and hanging - I need a splash of colour on the walls...