Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

CarrieAnne 09-19-2010 07:07 AM

Kwiltkrazy, those are so pretty!

thelondonzoo 09-19-2010 07:08 AM

Beautiful! And I love purple so much.

Rose Hall 09-20-2010 04:12 AM

I have two styles of dresden plate dies that I cut fabric with for my business. If we want to do a swap, I can cut fabric for people for $1/ "plate", we can sew them together and then swap them. I believe the plates have 12 "wedges" in them. Not sure--I'm at work right now. If enough people are interested I will check tonight when I get home.

Just an idea. I would love some dresden plate placemats for my dining room.

Rose Hall

misseva 09-20-2010 05:58 AM

i'm just getting back to my West of Baltimore applique quilt that i started jan 2009. i only have three blocks finished and working on 4th now - tracing each individual leaf,flower,etc & fusing them on material plus cutting them out is not my thang - but after all that's done i love the stitching. i bought the BOM from Keepsake Quilting and i rec'd all the material i needed plus bought the backing and background fabric too. overall i think i have over $300 invested - crazy huh? it will be beeeuuutiful when it's finished even if i do say so myself.

BonniFeltz 09-20-2010 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
i'm just getting back to my West of Baltimore applique quilt that i started jan 2009. i only have three blocks finished and working on 4th now - tracing each individual leaf,flower,etc & fusing them on material plus cutting them out is not my thang - but after all that's done i love the stitching. i bought the BOM from Keepsake Quilting and i rec'd all the material i needed plus bought the backing and background fabric too. overall i think i have over $300 invested - crazy huh? it will be beeeuuutiful when it's finished even if i do say so myself.

Baltimore's are my goal one day. I want to get good at applique and, of course, the only way to do that is to practice. Sigh. Now to find more time to do that. I have gotten better and still think it is more of "which applique method" will work best for me.

misseva 09-20-2010 06:11 AM

o, don't wait until you get 'good' - just hop right in. like i've posted before - wool is the best way to go for ease of handling. i don't remember the name but i did buy a book for 'Country Baltimore' which i haven't even started b/c i have to finish the West of Baltimore first. but i plan on using wool for that 'country' baltimore if i EVER get West finished. my only problem is i have no local quilt shops and i have to drive 100 miles round trip to get to a joanns for background/backing material or order online. i wasn't experienced when i started appliqueing - just foolish enought to think 'i can do it' even if it's not perfect. i still have fun working on my projects. and besides - it looks beautiful to my friends who don't even know how to hold a needle. lol

kwiltkrazy 09-21-2010 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:-D

Sun Bonnet sue I did today
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111692[/ATTACH]

thelondonzoo 09-21-2010 07:12 PM

She is so cute!

BonniFeltz 09-21-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
:-D

VERY nice! I'm going to try and do some applique this weekend. I cut some cats out and will either do blind stitch machine appplique on it or button stitch by hand. Haven't decided yet. There are actually 9 of them to do.

kwiltkrazy 09-21-2010 07:26 PM

BonniFeltz, hope you have a fun time with it, I sure am. I think I am already getting addicted, staying with the easier blocks at first, my needling turning seems to be coming easier already. I am enjoying it, so I'll keep doing it. I can only get better, right.