Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

kwiltkrazy 11-15-2010 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Treasureit
Here are some of my machine applique quilts

On My goodness those quilts are so pretty, I love your colors.

craftiladi 11-16-2010 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy

I agree, very nicely done.
Here I go getting behind again as there is a lady out sick at my job this week so I will be filling in for her which means not alot of sewing...hmmm job or sewing? lol

BonniFeltz 11-16-2010 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy

I agree, very nicely done.
Here I go getting behind again as there is a lady out sick at my job this week so I will be filling in for her which means not alot of sewing...hmmm job or sewing? lol

Don't you hate it when work interferes with our sewing? Unfortunately I need to still work....if nothing else in order to support this hobby!

joivey 11-16-2010 05:43 AM

I love to applique, but do machine applique in the hoop. Would love to communicate with anyone who does that.
Jo Ann

Greeter Eva 11-16-2010 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by joivey
I love to applique, but do machine applique in the hoop. Would love to communicate with anyone who does that.
Jo Ann

I have never used a hoop when machine appliqueing. What kind of a hoop do you use? Sounds very interesting.

Treasureit 11-16-2010 05:33 PM

Jo Ann

Is that done like machine embroidery? I did one in a class once.

Suz 11-16-2010 06:05 PM

Check out this site: http://www.karenkaybuckley.com/index.php

I went to the local guild meeting tonight and Rachel Pellman gave a talk/demo on Amish quilts. Wonderful slides, quilts as well as kits (for sale). At the end of the meeting, one of the guild gals showed several items she purchased from Karen Kay, we consider Karen a friend so we don't need to use her last name. She had two pairs of scerrated scissors (one for arthritic hands with big loops for fingers that are made for both right and lefthanders), a small pair of applique scissors and a blue glue pen. I believe the scissors are her design and will be on sale until the end of the month.

The intro shows Karen. She is a sweet talented lady who lives about 40 miles from her and I have been able to sit under her teaching of applique, of course, on three different occasions. I understand the DVD is excellent. Take a look. Suzanne

joivey 11-17-2010 05:20 AM

So glad others are interested. To do machine applique in the hoop I hoop the stabilizer (usually a tear-away), spray the stabilizer with a temporary spray adhesive, position the fabric on top of the stabilizer (on top, not inside the hoop) and then applique. Works for me. Let me know if you have more questions.
JoAnn

Greeter Eva 11-17-2010 05:50 AM

So glad others are interested. To do machine applique in the hoop I hoop the stabilizer (usually a tear-away), spray the stabilizer with a temporary spray adhesive, position the fabric on top of the stabilizer (on top, not inside the hoop) and then applique. Works for me. Let me know if you have more questions.
JoAnn

Is this on an embroidery machine if not what kind of a hoop do you use?

joivey 11-17-2010 06:25 AM

This is an embroidery machine. It comes with several hoops and I use the size that fits the design.