Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique question for those who use computerized machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-question-those-who-use-computerized-machines-t9205.html)

Lisa 07-18-2008 08:59 AM

I love to machine applique, usually using the button hole stitch. Since I have switched over to a computerized machine (Viking) I am having so much trouble!!! :evil: I normally use Heatnbond lite or Stitch Witchery but once my machine starts to realize this it just completely shuts down or skips numerous stitches at a time. I am assuming it does not like the glue substance but I don't know what else to use to hold the pieces down nice and flat while I stitch them, does anyone else have this problem or have an idea of something else I can use?

Butterflyspain 07-18-2008 09:04 AM

Hi Lisa, I used Steam 2 Seam, find that works fine with my machine, no gunge up with glue, I use buttonhole stitch with no probs. I am sure the girls who have this machine will come up with the answer. My machine is a Brother Innovis 1500D and I am so happy with it, just had it now for 3 months.

Elle

Lisa 07-18-2008 09:11 AM

Thanks Elle, I haven't tried the seam 2 seam, I don't know why but my machine just throws a big ole hissy fit! I have several ufo's that I would like to get back to but I might have to use a different machine to get them done. So far this is the only problem I have had with my Viking, everything else about it is great. I have a Brother that is for backup, it is like the least expensive one that they make but it does have the button hole stitch on it so I have that option if all else fails, thanks for your input!!!! :lol:

vicki reno 07-18-2008 10:05 AM

If you have a pressing sheet see if you can find fine fuse. It will work just fine and no gunked up needles. It comes in about 1/2 yd packages a solid sheet of this very fine stuff. It should do fine with your buttonhole stitch.

Butterflyspain 07-18-2008 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa
Thanks Elle, I haven't tried the seam 2 seam, I don't know why but my machine just throws a big ole hissy fit! I have several ufo's that I would like to get back to but I might have to use a different machine to get them done. So far this is the only problem I have had with my Viking, everything else about it is great. I have a Brother that is for backup, it is like the least expensive one that they make but it does have the button hole stitch on it so I have that option if all else fails, thanks for your input!!!! :lol:

No problem, Think a couple have got Husquavarna´s at the Club and we all use that, so let me know how you get on okay, would be interested.

Elle

sewnsewer2 07-18-2008 06:02 PM

Try using a piece of tearaway stabilizer behind the applique, (on the back of the fabric the applique is going on) big enough to extend about 1 inch. It works great! You don't need to spray it either, just pin it.

mic-pa 07-19-2008 04:36 PM

I use wonder under by Pellon for my applique, and tear away behind it and have never had a problem. However I do have a Janome. Marge