Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   APQS vs Innova (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/apqs-vs-innova-t243708.html)

yweinst 03-22-2014 01:43 PM

APQS vs Innova

So I went today to test drive an APQS Millennium and to sign up for a 3 day longarm course to learn how to longarm.

I have narrowed down my options and am not 100% sure yet but I'm leaning toward the APQS vs Innova.

I have back problems and between the auto advance, hydraulic lift, and multi-positional handles I just really like this system for me. I also like how light the head is.

I tried the Innova and liked it but not as much as the APQS.

I know a lot of people on this board love Innova but for me I just think the APQS might be a better choice. Are there things I'm missing about the Innova. I do know they have two of the features I mentioned above but it still doesn't seem as ergonomically enhanced as the APQS.

Thanks!

sandyquilts 03-22-2014 02:34 PM

I know nothing about either one. I own a Nolting 24" PRO. You might want to ask about oiling/greasing the machines ... see which one is easier. l only place a drop of oil in 3 screws and bobbin.

dunster 03-22-2014 04:16 PM

Actually you can get all 3 of those features in the Innova, and it is probably the most easily maneuvered sewing head available. But you need to make your own decisions. What appeals to one person may not be best for another. One of my friends purchased a sit-down because of her back problems.

Just read the comment about oiling - Innova only needs oiling in the bobbin assembly, nowhere else.

Jennie and Me 03-22-2014 08:21 PM

I love my APQS Millenium. The customer service with APQS is wonderful. Seldom have tension issues, and usually, if I do , it's operator error.:rolleyes:

DogHouseMom 03-23-2014 07:10 AM

I test drove and loved both of them, they were my top two machines and I'd be happy with either of them BUT when the lightning stitch was engaged on the Innova while I was doing some micro stippling - it won hands down.

So ... did you test drive an Innova with lightning stitch? If not, you might want to do that.

Also, the Innova has a couching attachment that is pretty cool.

That said, I would never turn down an APQS. They're very nice machines.

hcarpanini 03-23-2014 07:32 AM

Make sure you have local service and support.

yweinst 03-23-2014 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by hcarpanini (Post 6640608)
Make sure you have local service and support.

I have better local service with the APQS. The dealer is an hour away. With the Innova I would have a local rep but the dealer is over 600 miles away in MO.

Yael

AnnieSue 03-23-2014 11:31 AM

There is not a wrong choice here. You will love either one.

dunster 03-23-2014 11:58 AM

Innova has 24/7 telephone support, which has always been more than enough for me.

aborning 03-25-2014 06:27 AM

I love my APQS. If you decide on APQS, definitely get teh BLISS rails. I didn't when I bought the machien 2 years ago but I just got them in December and I absolutely love how easily my machine now "floats" along when I quilt. I also got the auto advance and absolutely love it. No more of advancing the quilt by hand.