Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   April Quilt Retreat on Beautiful Lake Superior (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/april-quilt-retreat-beautiful-lake-superior-t296354.html)

grammasharon 04-20-2018 12:38 PM

April Quilt Retreat on Beautiful Lake Superior

It's that time of year again! Our annual quilt retreat at Silver City MI. I can hardly wait to see all the friends I have made these many years. Always new ones coming. The sun is finally shining and looking to be a wonderful week. Wish I was adept at adding pictures. You just wouldn't believe the beauty of sewing at a window and seeing Lake Superior dancing outside. Thanks for letting me ramble! Grammasharon

PMahowald 04-20-2018 01:32 PM

I know that feeling well. My Yooper Quilt retreat is normally during Deer Season. While the guys are hunting I get to stay in the cabin and sew while staring at AuTrain Lake. And if I run out of material there is small quilt store across the street.

ArlaJo 04-20-2018 03:42 PM

Maybe the same feeling as looking out the window from my sewing machine and seeing Mount Rainier.

QuiltnNan 04-20-2018 04:09 PM

Retreats are just the best! I went to one last week and can't wait to go again next year

grammasharon 04-20-2018 04:12 PM

I agree, love the mountains. DD lives in Keystone, CO and I so enjoy seeing the mountains and skiers

Originally Posted by ArlaJo (Post 8044367)
Maybe the same feeling as looking out the window from my sewing machine and seeing Mount Rainier.

grammasharon 04-20-2018 04:13 PM

QuiltnNan, I know the feeling, already looking forward to our October retreat. Nothing like spending time with people you like and doing what you all love to do. Nothing better than a bunch of quilters all in the same place.

quiltingshorttimer 04-20-2018 08:32 PM

Me too! well, not to Lake Superior or the mountains--but to retreat next week at camp in the woods (camp, but a lodge and meals provided!)

sewnbug 04-22-2018 05:04 AM

Where

Originally Posted by PMahowald (Post 8044296)
I know that feeling well. My Yooper Quilt retreat is normally during Deer Season. While the guys are hunting I get to stay in the cabin and sew while staring at AuTrain Lake. And if I run out of material there is small quilt store across the street.

I didn't know there was a quilt store in Au Train! We are getting ready to go "home" for the summer. I will have to check it out.

JohnnaLeeQuilts 04-22-2018 09:33 PM

Sounds lovely! I just love retreats. I'm so frustrated I missed the last 2 I was supposed too attend. First my dog was terribly sick and hospitalized, then I was sick for the next one. UGH! Fortunately, we have both recovered. :=)

sailsablazin 04-24-2018 09:12 AM

I would LOVE to attend this retreat and looked into it several times. Unfortunately, I just can't get around the 9 hour drive to get there. You would find me staring at the water and not sewing.