Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   auccquilt vs quiltcut 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/auccquilt-vs-quiltcut-2-a-t48823.html)

labug 06-08-2010 06:05 AM

I'm thinking about buying one of the cutter. Please help which one do you have and what is the differents between the two. Thanks Lorie

dkabasketlady 06-08-2010 07:31 AM

There's been numerous threads on these two products lately. I don't have either, but most recommend the Accuquilt even though the dies are costly. Go to Search at the top of the page & read previous threads on them. I guess it all depends on what you want it for.

Prism99 06-08-2010 08:22 AM

I have the Accuquilt Go! and really like it. The dies make for super accurate cuts. It is more expensive than the quiltcut. I like the Go! because I get very accurate cuts in less time than if I rotary cut.

teddysmom 06-08-2010 08:25 AM

I have the accuquilt go (purchased just recently). Had a chance a few days ago to cut some strips for a rail fence. Got accurate cuts and LOTS of strips in just a few minutes. Would have taken much longer and probably not as accurate using a rotary cutter.

Looking forward to using other dies in the near future.

Ripped on Scotch 06-08-2010 08:25 AM

I looked at the accuquilt for my mom but to me the dye's looked like you would still have to do a fair amount of cutting, and you would have quite a bit of wasted material. but that is just my opinion.

craftybear 06-08-2010 12:26 PM

don't have either, but lots of threads here about this subject do a search on here to find the other discussions

Prism99 06-08-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
I looked at the accuquilt for my mom but to me the dye's looked like you would still have to do a fair amount of cutting, and you would have quite a bit of wasted material. but that is just my opinion.

You still have to rough-cut the fabric to fit over the die.

There is actually very little waste. The demo videos on the net and Youtube usually use way too much fabric. I cut my fabric 1/2" wider than the die cut and have only 1/4" strings as waste. The waste is very comparable to rotary cutting waste (having to retrim the edges, for example).

I especially like the triangle dies. They trim off the dog ears, plus you can cut them with fabric right sides together so the pairs are already aligned for sewing. Strip cutting goes fast with the Go! also.

lazyquilter 06-08-2010 05:15 PM

I was treated to the Go several months ago. I have enjoyed it immensely. I can stand at the cutting table for a bit, but not always long enough to make a lot of repitative cuts or applique cuts. So that has proven to be a very big plus for me. I know that Keepsake sells the pre-cut bears, flowers etc., but I like that I can cut out my own bears in my colors and they are a bit bigger. Several cutters are now advertising cutter for scrap booking AND for fabric. I just see dulled blades a lot faster.
Blue