Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   audible alarm on Pfaff QE 4.0 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/audible-alarm-pfaff-qe-4-0-a-t216868.html)

SunQuilts 03-20-2013 11:23 AM

audible alarm on Pfaff QE 4.0

To those of you familiar with this machine, does your audible alarm work? I have a new one and am frustrated that there is no audible alarm when the bobbin is running out. I just sewed a very long seam with lots of points to match only to discover the bobbin was empty! The window shows a low bobbin but it doesn't catch my eye the way an audible alarm would get my attention. I have gone into the menu and made sure the box is filled in, indicating the alarm is on, but no alarm. Am I missing something?

Tartan 03-20-2013 02:25 PM

Ah yes, the dreaded "air sewing". I don't have your machine so I can't help you, sorry.

DACO48 03-20-2013 02:31 PM

I used to have a Bernina that had an audible beeper on it. I always just tuned it out. I am waiting for a machine that has a little hammer that comes away from the machine and cracks me between the eyes. . . . . . .

quilter1943 03-20-2013 05:22 PM

I'm not familiar with the 4.0, but have two other Pfaff machines. The bobbin "door" must be shut because the sensor is there. Once after cleaning the Pfaff man had it in at an angle or something and it couldn't detect the thread line. I've had dust over the eye of it also.

Elise1 03-20-2013 06:15 PM

I have a QE 4 and the bobbin alarm does sound. I have no idea why yours isn't working. Sorry.

fxsts93kf 03-20-2013 07:53 PM

I also have a QE 4.0 and not only does the alarm sound but it stops sewing. You can then continue to sew but mine does both of those things. I don't have my manual handy right this second but if you look in yours I'm pretty sure it will talk about it in there too. You can PM me if you have any other questions. Not sure if I can answer them but I can try, I've had my machine since last June.

fxsts93kf 03-20-2013 07:57 PM

Tartan, I had to laugh, "air sewing", it isn't funny when it happens but it sure gave me a chuckle when I read your post!

sandy l 03-21-2013 03:26 AM

Oops. I also have that machine, and I never read the manual all the way thru, didn't even know there was a audible alarm. When my bobbin is running low, it stops and shows that in the window.

SunQuilts 03-21-2013 06:49 AM

I guess a trip to the dealer is in the works. Very disappointing since I have always considered Pfaff one of the best machines out there. Thanks for the comments - love the "air sewing" and the little hammer idea!

KathyRobin 03-21-2013 12:29 PM

I just bought the Pfaff Expression 150. It's supposed to have an audible alarm but I can't get it to work either. There's a place to go into for settings and the alarm setting is on so I too, don't know why mine won't work. By the time the bobbin has run out, you know it so looking at the screen doesn't help. SunQuilts, please report back when you find a solution. Kathy