Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Baby Lock Melody - opinions? Is this a good price for one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/baby-lock-melody-opinions-good-price-one-t224810.html)

danandsassy 06-29-2013 02:58 PM

Baby Lock Melody - opinions? Is this a good price for one?

So, I have been wanting to upgrade to an "advanced beginner" machine for the last year or so. I went to a quilt show last week and fell in love with the Baby Lock Melody. I've done some research online and this machine looks like it does everything I want it to do and then some!

I decided to start shopping around a bit locally and called a local retailer, and lo and behold they are on sale this weekend only for $899! The first shop I called would only give the MSRP of $1799 over the phone, so I'm thinking this is an awesome deal right? I only have til tomorrow to lock in that price though - I will need to put it on layaway for about a month anyway.

I kinda feel like I'm rushing a bit faster than I'd wanted but I really love this machine. I even spent some time on a Bernina 350 PE at the show and I still feel like the Melody is a better match for me. Does anyone have this machine that could offer some advice? Is this a good price or should I slow down and shop around some more? This is a big purchase for me and I don't want to mess it up!

Thanks so much! :)

judylg 06-29-2013 03:55 PM

Sounds good to me!

Girlfriend 06-29-2013 05:12 PM

You will absolutely love Baby Lock. The auto threader is the best in the industry. This machine has a cutter, all the quilting feet, and all the stitches you will ever need. It's extremely easy to learn, too. Does it come with classes?

I priced this machine last month, and the best price they could give me was $999.00. So, I think $899.00 is a steal!

I want this machine to go with my Quattro 2, which is too big to take to quilting classes. :o

Jingle 06-29-2013 05:51 PM

Sounds good to me. Better get on it, before it is gone.

sahansen44 06-30-2013 04:20 AM

I too have a Melody. I purchased it as a second since I have the Baby Lock Esante and it was toooo big to take to classes and social sews..... I paid around $1000. It is a real workhorse.

quilterken 06-30-2013 04:41 AM

The Melody comes with lots of extras too... like walking foot, table, hard case, extra feet. and it is easy to use.It is a great buy at 899.00. I say go for it!

MartiMorga 06-30-2013 04:51 AM

I am a Baby Lock girl, having 3 machines. They are really dependable and user friendly. You will love it. Jump and get the right price. Plus look on their site and see if it is "no interest" financing right now or not. That way you can take the baby home, lol.

danandsassy 06-30-2013 11:29 AM

Thank you all so much for your input, it really helped solidify my decision that this is totally the machine for me. I went and put half down on it this morning!! I am soooo excited and cannot wait to bring her home!! It will probably be another month or so but I'll be sure to have a few quilts tops ready to go when she gets here :)

My husband made a face when I told him that I wanted a new machine, but I kindly reminded him of the 2 new snowboards he bought last season, so he said go for it lol ;)

Girlfriend 07-01-2013 04:43 AM

Congratulations! I don't think you'll be disappointed!

maminstl 07-01-2013 05:23 AM

I'm a Babylock fan too - have both the Symphony and Crescendo. They use the Melody for class machines at one of my LQS - used it once for that purpose and really liked it. They must be good because I never see them for sale on Craigslist or anywhere else.