Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Baby Lock Tiara (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/baby-lock-tiara-t216600.html)

loisf 03-17-2013 07:12 AM

Baby Lock Tiara

Does anyone have personal experience with the Baby Lock Tiara and quilting table? I would love to do more of my own quilting, but I don't have the space for a long arm machine and quilting rack. The Tiara sounds like it might be a solution. Thanks for your comments.

trennag 03-17-2013 12:14 PM

I test drove it at my dealer and love it. I also don't have room for a long arm set up. It will be a few years before I am able to get one but I sure hope I can!

Gardenchick 03-17-2013 12:48 PM

I have an HQ Sweet Sixteen which I understand is the same machine. I love mine. It is so easy to use. Getting the bottom tension right is sometimes a challenge.
I, too, do not have the space for a long arm with frame. This 16 fits nicely in a corner of an extra bedroom. If you have the space, I would recommend that you purchase at least 1 leaf to add more space to the table. I did not. Instead, I use a card table and another small table, neither of which are at the same height as the 16's table. The difference in height some times causes the quilt to catch and drag. However, I have done a large full-size quilt on it as well as smaller ones. The smaller ones are a breeze to do. The large one required more manipulation.

bossross 03-17-2013 02:51 PM

I've owned my Tiara for a couple of months, and it does everything promised. It fits in a small space and is easy to set up and use. So far I've only finished a few crib size quilts, but I'm happy with my purchase. My local quilt shop also threw in the regular at no additional charge. As GardenChick says, it does take a little time to get the tension right, but other than that, I'm very happy.

bettysew 03-17-2013 05:42 PM

I, too have the Tiara and love it. I like the freedom of the extra room. I've done up to a king size on it with no problems.

triplerosa 03-18-2013 07:42 AM

i love the new hoop with the stitch regulator attached. saw at the lancaster show, would love this or the sixteen, both are beautiful machines, table is perfect.

DogHouseMom 03-18-2013 07:54 AM

I test drove both the Tiara and the HQ Sweet 16 and was told by the HQ rep that they are indeed the same machine - the Tiara is made by HQ and re-badged for Babylock. Because the Tiara is going through an additional sales rep, it's quite possible that you can get the HQ Sweet 16 for a lower price - depending on your area - so be sure to check them both out.

I absolutely loved them both!! Within minutes I was micro stipling! I didn't like the stitch regulator, so suggest you try it first before spending the extra grand for that option. You can always add it on later.

I am definitely getting one of them someday ... I need to get my sewing room sorted out first.

dcamarote 03-18-2013 08:26 AM

I used it at our local quilt show and fell in love with it. It is a wonderful piece of equipment and space saving. The only problem is coming up with enough money!

marjorie 04-14-2013 10:44 AM

Hello...I am new here to the forum. I just bought the Tiara. I had a demo at my dealers on Friday and ordered it right away. It is fantastic to use!! Now; I have no longarm to compare it to....but I do have 2 other Baby Lock sewing machine...Tempo and Melody and no problems at all...I just love them. That's why I didn't hesitate. I am a hand quilter learning to machine quilt. I don't have the space for the frames; so this is perfect. I don't think you could go wrong. I am in new Brunswick,Canada

KarenR 04-14-2013 11:10 AM

I've test drove it. Loved it.

I was wondering: does it have where you can use a regular foot to do piecing? I forgot to ask, when I was test driving.

Wouldn't it be nice to have one machine for everything.