Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Babylock dealer praise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/babylock-dealer-praise-t78315.html)

marilynr 11-23-2010 03:36 PM

I purchased a new Babylock Decorator Choice machine 2 months ago
& have been using it a lot. Learning to use the walking foot to SID
on two quilts (a first for me). Had been doing very well until yesterday, when it started "jumping" stitches every 2 to 3 inches.

I phoned the dealer & he suggested I oil it, & explained carefully. I tried this, but it only helped a very short while. Phoned again & he said to
bring it in, which I did today.

He showed me how the walking foot was sticking (it was the one that had come with my machine). He immediately took a new, expensive Babylock one off the rack, showed me how it should be working, and
sent me on my way. It is working perfectly. I appreciate such excellent service.

np3 11-23-2010 03:40 PM

Nice to hear!

sandilee 11-23-2010 03:53 PM

Thats my dream....to own a Babylock! One day I shall!

scowlkat 11-23-2010 04:04 PM

That is awesome! My Babylock dealer STINKS! Or at least the one I purchased my machine from. There is a new dealer opened about the same distance in the opposite direction that I am going to try. Having a good dealer makes all the difference!

MZStitch 11-23-2010 05:09 PM

Customer service is everything to me, and when making a large purchase I want to know I can trust who I am buying from. One thing I have started doing is rating businesses on the yellow pages. When I went to buy a new stove I actually chose the store that way! When moving here to S.C. we actually chose an appliance store by reading the ratings on local appliance stores. A few years later when we had problems with our flat-screen we received excellent service from this appliance store, who replaced our screen quickly and without hesitation. When we installed an expensive inground pool and got crappy service I rated them on the yellow pages as well. I see it as a way to help the good businesses and hopefully help them get new customers, and warn others of my experiences with a store that gave me poor service.

craftybear 11-23-2010 05:10 PM

that is great news that you have a good dealer!

Originally Posted by Marilyn6
I purchased a new Babylock Decorator Choice machine 2 months ago
& have been using it a lot. Learning to use the walking foot to SID
on two quilts (a first for me). Had been doing very well until yesterday, when it started "jumping" stitches every 2 to 3 inches.

I phoned the dealer & he suggested I oil it, & explained carefully. I tried this, but it only helped a very short while. Phoned again & he said to
bring it in, which I did today.

He showed me how the walking foot was sticking (it was the one that had come with my machine). He immediately took a new, expensive Babylock one off the rack, showed me how it should be working, and
sent me on my way. It is working perfectly. I appreciate such excellent service.

debidoo 11-23-2010 06:58 PM

I chose my Babylock because of the dealer. I know his reputation and his service record. He can't be beat. I heard lots of good things about other brands, but the local dealer only sells Babylock and Pfaff. I wanted to deal with him and he highly reccommended Babylock. I must say, I love my Babylock Quest Plus

smtp5 11-23-2010 08:27 PM

I have the Decorator's Choice also, and the Elagante 2, they are awesome! I was told never to oil them--my dealer said they are not like the older ones!