Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Back of beyond (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/back-beyond-t297357.html)

Onebyone 06-03-2018 09:28 AM

I have a ton of quilt shops within driving distance but because of time limitations, not wanting to drive the traffic or whatever, I often just order online. I saw a woman at a bee with one of the most awesome hand embroider hoops. I didn't want to schelp around to LQS, Hobby Lobby, Joann and wherever else to find one so I ordered it from Amazon. Came to my door in a few days.
Exactly my way of thinking too. I know if I go to the physical stores I will spend more money buying things I didn't know I needed. LOL

DogLadyQlts 06-03-2018 09:50 AM

If you are interested in finding a large list of online shopping opportunities, check out the FabShopHop. They have a really large group of stores and it is fun to check them out just for their differences in merchandise and "personality".

mac 06-03-2018 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8069787)
Exactly my way of thinking too. I know if I go to the physical stores I will spend more money buying things I didn't know I needed. LOL

Isn't that the truth!

joyce blint 06-03-2018 11:57 AM

I also recommend Hancock's of Paducah (Ky). They offer a large selection of fabric and excellent customer service.

Kitsie 06-03-2018 12:25 PM

I like many on-line shops like Fabric.com but find that they and others do sell through Amazon at the same price, so I can get many fabrics with a one-stop-shop one one order.

Jingle 06-03-2018 02:32 PM

Since I have so many, many yards of fabrics I only remnants of kid prints for my donation quilts. I always find something in my 'magic' closet to go with them. Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby is good enough for me. Although my Daughter and I made a trip to Hancocks in Paducah and I stock up while there.

amyjo 06-03-2018 09:17 PM

Cost me $13.50 to have fabric shipped from Marshall’s so I usually buy a lot there. I have purchased the bundles flat $40 fed ex fee 108” wide backings are so so reasonable there. Same $40 fed ex fee if I buy a bundle. The fabric is very nice too

jmoore 06-04-2018 02:39 AM

I am fortunate to have three LQSs within 15 minutes of my home...they are all unique in their own way but offer classes, space for group Sit & Sews and all are friendly. I like to support the brick & mortar businesses as much as possible so buy very little online.

KwiltyKahy 06-04-2018 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by joyce blint (Post 8069860)
I also recommend Hancock's of Paducah (Ky). They offer a large selection of fabric and excellent customer service.

That was going to be my suggestion, too.

Also Whittles. They have a nice selection and good prices.

KwiltyKahy 06-04-2018 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 8069879)
I like many on-line shops like Fabric.com but find that they and others do sell through Amazon at the same price, so I can get many fabrics with a one-stop-shop one one order.

Amazon owns fabric.com