Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   back to my machine frusation and lemon law (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/back-my-machine-frusation-lemon-law-t159717.html)

brushandthimble 10-11-2011 01:31 PM

Are sewing machine covered under the lemon law, does anyone know?

If a replacement would be offered IF the machine was availabe which it is not, should a more expensive machine be offered?

Does anyone know the price of the Babylock Serenade?

thanks in advance for any info
ann

QuiltnNan 10-11-2011 01:32 PM

Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting :)

Peckish 10-11-2011 01:35 PM

Lemon laws are different state-to-state. You might check with your state's bar association - most have a program where you can get one pro-bono consultation with an attorney, you will want to find one who specializes in lemon law cases.

Mitch's mom 10-11-2011 02:04 PM

Call your state Attorney General's office. They will be able to tell you if your state has lemon laws for consumer goods other than cars. Your Local BBB should also have the information on Lemon Laws.

As for the price of the Babylock - It is anyone's best guess because as women, we don't understand the intricacies of finances and payments and how to budget and such, so you'll have to take a man with you to the sewing center to find out.

gale 10-11-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting :)

huh? Maybe you meant to post this somewhere else?

Melinda in Tulsa 10-11-2011 03:08 PM

A Babylock Serenade should cost you $1300-1500. I bought 2 of them at the same time (one for me and one for DD)shortly after they came out in the spring, and paid, I think...either $1225 or 1250 @, can't remember which. BUT...I have a great dealer whom I'm on first name basis with, they know me well and I'm a very loyal customer! But I think $1500 should buy you one. Be sure to tell them to sharpen their pencil!

CanoePam 10-11-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Call your state Attorney General's office. They will be able to tell you if your state has lemon laws for consumer goods other than cars. Your Local BBB should also have the information on Lemon Laws.

As for the price of the Babylock - It is anyone's best guess because as women, we don't understand the intricacies of finances and payments and how to budget and such, so you'll have to take a man with you to the sewing center to find out.

I assume this is a joke. I am truly and utterly a woman, a wife, a mother of 4, grandmother of 2 (so far!). In addition I am totally able to understand the intricacies of finances, payment, and budgets. My mother who had a high school education was able to figure it out, and I am certainly able to do so with a MBA. Please, please reassure me it is a joke! :lol:

Pam

gale 10-11-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by CanoePam

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom

I assume this is a joke. I am truly and utterly a woman, a wife, a mother of 4, grandmother of 2 (so far!). In addition I am totally able to understand the intricacies of finances, payment, and budgets. My mother who had a high school education was able to figure it out, and I am certainly able to do so with a MBA. Please, please reassure me it is a joke! :lol:

Pam

I think (I sincerely HOPE anyway) that she was being sarcastic. Gosh I hope so. A smilie of some kind might have helped.

Melinda in Tulsa 10-11-2011 03:59 PM

LOL, sounds like sarcasm to me!

Dina 10-11-2011 04:03 PM

Definitely sarcasm!!