Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bad day turning better -paying it forward I guess it is.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bad-day-turning-better-paying-forward-i-guess-t65666.html)

moonwolf23 09-19-2010 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
It has been a really tough day here for me, and instead of wallowing in the ' why me, Lord ? " , I decided to just do something for someone else, no matter that it isn't anything big, or awesome for the reciever.. Just a small envelope of little pieces of fabric as I have been cutting 3 1/2 inch squares, and the ends of what scraps I am cutting are what goes into this envelope .. For someone who really likes to do scrappy string quilts, person "6 " who sends me a PM with address/name * (because I have 5 grandkids , and one more due on Oct. 11th ) , will get this envelope..

Hugs

heather1949 09-19-2010 06:31 PM

Keep up the faith and you will come through all this, you are an angel.God Bless you.

aneternalpoet 09-19-2010 06:46 PM

thank you.. My two kids often call me " an angel in disguise" lol..

annette1952 09-19-2010 07:29 PM

What a sweet thing to do. It always makes one feel good to do something for others. I hope it helped you feel better too.

aneternalpoet 09-19-2010 07:34 PM

Its been a wonderful experience tonight to feel like I have made someones day, although I haven't got number 6 person yet to respond. Only two ladies who asked for the little bits of fabric, so if noone else responds by tomorrow afternoon, I might be making up 2 envelopes to send as a blessing to them.. It truly makes me feel worthwhile in helping when I can't do much else sometimes.. Thanks to all who have made me smile with your warm comments.. Goodnight!

CarrieAnne 09-19-2010 07:46 PM

What a nice thing to d!

craftybear 09-19-2010 09:32 PM

you are awesome for sharing with us

Craftybear

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
Its been a wonderful experience tonight to feel like I have made someones day, although I haven't got number 6 person yet to respond. Only two ladies who asked for the little bits of fabric, so if noone else responds by tomorrow afternoon, I might be making up 2 envelopes to send as a blessing to them.. It truly makes me feel worthwhile in helping when I can't do much else sometimes.. Thanks to all who have made me smile with your warm comments.. Goodnight!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 09-19-2010 09:46 PM

What a great thing to do !!
Especially when things are not going so well, good to change the subject to somthing more positive :)

aneternalpoet 09-20-2010 06:20 AM

I have receieved 4 requests for this little bit of scraps so far.. only two more until I get to send them out! Heres the deal, though.. if noone else PM's me by , lets say 2 pm today, I will send you 4 ladies each an envelope of little snippets.. i can always find little pieces ( as the origional offer was ) and put them inside a regular card envelope.. I will contact you with the either 6th person to ask with their mailing address, or the rest of you at 2 pm today...

aneternalpoet 09-20-2010 12:53 PM

CLOSED NOW.. THANKS to all who inquired about the little scraps..

Ok, bad day, turned better for 4 sweet ladies who have asked for the snippets of fabric scraps.. Closing the offer now, as noone else has wanted to become # 6 ! I will PM those who asked to get your addresses, if I haven't recieved them yet.. Thanks everyone for the encouragement yesterday, and the allowing me to joyfully pass along a little blessing to the 4 who have responded..