Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bad news and good news... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bad-news-good-news-t143503.html)

running1 08-07-2011 09:07 PM

The bad news is actually good in a sort-of-sad way... while "unsewing" several times tonight (working on my guild's BOM with many small pieces) I've discovered I really like the Clover "unsewer" the best of all... I tried several tonight... Next time I'm in my LQS, I'm picking up another one... sigh...

The really good news is that on Saturday, DH (who is a sweetie) asked if there was anything I'd like to look at in OKC (90 miles away)... "well, yes... there's this cutting table at JoAnn's..."

Long story short... I LOVE my new cutting table... no more bending over the dining table. I can use it for sandwiching my quilts too!! Very excited here about my new toy! :-D

One more note....While showing DS and DDIL my new toy, he picks up my rotary cutter and asks, "What's this?" "A very sharp cutter." "Where can I get one!?!" He's in the screen printing business and thinks it will be great for something... who knew???

Jim's Gem 08-07-2011 09:18 PM

Congrats on your new cutting table. I have one and it is so much better than leaning over the dining room table!!!!!

Sounds like your Dh is a sweetie for taking you there. These rotary cutters are the greatest!! I used mine to cut vinyl floor squares that I lined a cabinet with. Got straight perfect cuts. Just changed blades when I was done.

Dingle 08-07-2011 09:23 PM

Glad your happy with your new cutting table. :thumbup: My Hubby built me a tall one because the dining room table was just too short. First time my Hubby saw my rotary cutter he got all excited because he thought I found a really sharp pizza cutter! :shock:

BETTY62 08-07-2011 09:27 PM

Lucky you. Enjoy your new toy.

GrannieAnnie 08-07-2011 09:45 PM

I love the Fons and Porter seam rippers. But the point and the shaft are tiny-------great for getting into stitches---------------but that results in a often broken ripper.

I've got a cheapy from Wal-mart, but I'm not fond of it at all. I'll try the Clover "unsewer" next time. Thanks.

GrannieAnnie 08-07-2011 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle
Glad your happy with your new cutting table. :thumbup: My Hubby built me a tall one because the dining room table was just too short. First time my Hubby saw my rotary cutter he got all excited because he thought I found a really sharp pizza cutter! :shock:

As cheap as the HF blades are......................next pizza we have!

quiltingcandy 08-07-2011 10:22 PM

I have a high cutting table also, and it is extremely useful when wrapping Christmas or Birthday gifts.

sewmuchmore 08-08-2011 03:42 AM

Woo hoo, no more my acing back :thumbup: Way to go hubby, You should make him his favorite meal ;-)

sally taormina 08-08-2011 04:52 AM

thanks for the onfo on the cutting table. I am going to go look at them today.I get sooooo many good hints from this chat board. Sally Taormina

bearlyirish 08-08-2011 05:19 AM

To Dingle,re your husband thinking you had bought a great new pizza cutter-I love it, my son thought the same & was even willing to show me how good it could be as one! Gotta love those men who think with their stomachs :lol: :lol: