Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   bad news and good news (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bad-news-good-news-t76254.html)

Patty Patches 11-14-2010 04:38 AM

When everyone first started talking about cotton prices last spring,I made tracks to Pauls.I bought and bought.Then I made alot of online orders.Hopefully I have enough fabric,batting,and thread to last through the winter,Then I got bitten by the bow tucks bug,so back to Pauls I went,I bought and bought fabs and pellon and of coarse some more quilting fabs. My DH says I;ve turned into a hoarder.

whinnytoo 11-14-2010 04:40 AM

Im the founding member of Fabricaholics Anonymous! My stash would last me a lifetime, but what fun is that????
Diane

pojo 11-14-2010 04:47 AM

The only thing I would need is solids. I'm not a collector of that.

QKO 11-14-2010 04:49 AM

Fabric prices at the wholesale level have just taken another jump, most have gone up at least .25/yd for new stuff being ordered now. That's an increase just in 2010 of .65 to 1.00 dollar/yd. And I fear it isn't going to stop for awhile... :-( :-(

mcdaniel023 11-14-2010 04:53 AM

I said I would buy more until I used some of what I have. Dh and I went to a quilt show yesterday. We were just looking at the vendor booths and HE picked out some Christmas fabric I had to have. I made fun of him all day. And yes I added it to my collection.

lynndianne 11-14-2010 04:54 AM

I tell my husband that any new fabric I buy is to keep my old fabric company. Yesterday I bought some flannel to make a design wall and my husband talked me into some blue batik (looks like water). I picked up two pieces of fabric at the Humane Soc. Thrift Store (we work there and get goooood deals). Each piece of fabric was 3 yards long and it cost me $1.62 total. Guess I will continue working there just for the fabric. Lynn

sueisallaboutquilts 11-14-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lilrain

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I am the "Curator of a Textile Collection" myself.
I think there are a lot of us that like to collect fine fabrics. (and pet them now and again)

I like your title better than mine

Love your title!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha
Now I have an official title, thanks to you :D

happymrs 11-14-2010 06:21 AM

Goes with the territory, doesn't it! But you know, we all could much worse habits, with nothing to show for it, right! So, me, I stick to fabric & quilting now, & don't care what anyone else says! Most of them just tend to ahh, when they see what I do with all of it, lol....

sherriequilts 11-14-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I am the "Curator of a Textile Collection" myself.
I think there are a lot of us that like to collect fine fabrics. (and pet them now and again)

Have to remember that job designation for my next resume! Love it and right there with you petting the fabric.

sherriequilts 11-14-2010 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by quilt-fanatic
My DH says my quilts 'cost $1,000.00 each' judging from the amount of fabric I buy. I'mm still building my stash..

Isn't that the truth! Especially when that 3 yards is just not the "right" one for the quilt I am working on and I have to go out and buy more!